SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
justinfd10
justinfd10 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default 2007 Saturn Aura XE electrical problem?!?

So the other day I was driving my Saturn and all the sudden the door locks started to go crazy and go up and down and then once I came to a stop at a stop light the car dies and the ABS light comes on and the car wouldnít start, after a few tryís it turns over. Now as Iím going down the road the headlights are flickering constantly. Iíve went to my local parts store to have them check the battery and alternator and the test came up fine. The battery was purchased less than a month ago so I can rule that out as not being the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justinfd10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justinfd10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justinfd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
dano92sl
dano92sl has a spectacular aura aboutdano92sl has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2
2008 AURA XR
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Aura XE electrical problem?!?

If your sure its not the battery, I'd recommend the next step be to check for a faulty or corroded ground connection from the battery.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dano92sl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dano92sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dano92sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE

Sounds like the ground lug issue I had...see my thread...
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234451

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:29 AM   #4
Anjey
Anjey is on a distinguished road

lack of contact. You have no power temporarily. It is a serious issue.
I would suspect the ignition switch. Not battery.

Last edited by Anjey; 01-26-2019 at 01:42 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Anjey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Anjey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Anjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:56 AM   #5
justinfd10

2007 AURA XE

Iíve took the ignition starter switch in to mind because the other day it popped the code p1682, the new one just arrived today and Iíll be putting it in Thursday Iíll update to let you all know how things are going.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help justinfd10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2019, 09:02 PM   #6
traineryt
traineryt is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
all the sudden the door locks started to go crazy and go up and down
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Turns out the lock button on the driver's side door was bad. I replaced it and it fixed the problem.

Try removing the button. It may stop the obnoxious locking and unlocking. Can't say it'll fix the rest but who knows?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to traineryt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help traineryt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
traineryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:00 AM   #7
justinfd10

2007 AURA XE

So I got the new ignition switch in and the car ran fine for a day, now it got another code that popped up P0606 which says this PCM/ECM processor failure. Does this mean the ECM has went bad? Iíve checked all the relays and fuses in the car with a mulitimeter and a power source to make sure they clicked and had the right resistance. The car starts still but i donít wanna drive it if the computer is bad

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-08-2019, 02:49 AM   #8
Anjey
Anjey is on a distinguished road

You worry too much. It could be a glitch caused by the power issue. I would drive the car. I would reset the codes and drive. See if the code comes back. If it's broken - resetting the code wouldn't help at all. But a glitch is just a glitch.
Give it a chance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Anjey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Anjey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Anjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 AM   #9
justinfd10

2007 AURA XE

Better safe than sorry, but Iíve been driving it for a week almost now and no codes have popped, but other problems have started yet again, door locks wonít lock when pressing the button and the headlights are still flickering as if itís a short. Other than that itís been running great and hasnít had a loss of power. I do appreciate the help Anjay itís been much help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #10
mmtphoto
mmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR

Don't overlook the ground solution too, these things are notorious for doing things like this-case in point, I've had my 07 XR for 5 years now (was given to me for free) and I still have an intermittent issue with the dreaded 'traction control/ESC/security/whatever else can make the dash look like a Christmas tree problem. Whenever I disconnect the battery for any reason. I invariably have to play a little dance with the connections at the battery-even though all connections are immaculate, tight and prepped for conduction. If you have the XR, there is a 4 gauge wire that goes from the left-front radiator support (up top) to the battery-this one has always been a -problem, if I loosen it or disturb it in any way, I end up loosening it and moving it around to get it happy again. Seriously, a guy I know gave me this car for free because the dealership had no idea how to get these issues to go away. It took me some time to arrive at the conclusion that the grounds on these particular cars are not great-the ground on the shock tower, driver side is also suspect, there is actually a TSB from GM about the ground points on these cars. Early GM can-bus systems are very complicated and the strategy employed to protect us all from polluting cars is to throw unhelpful codes for poor electrical signals. Dumb.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mmtphoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mmtphoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mmtphoto is offline   Reply With Quote