SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
bromli
bromli is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Trunk Reflector Removal '00 LS1

Are there any diagrams or tutorials on how to remove the trunk reflector for pre facelift L series sedans? Mine is looking a little rough around the edges and there appears to be mud underneath the plastic. I have seen pictures with them removed but I don't want to guess as I go and break something. Thanks guys!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bromli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bromli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bromli is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Trunk Reflector Removal '00 LS1

I can offer no suggestions on the L series as my sons is the later model which didn't have the boot trim. That said, my other son had an S series which had the reflective trim across the trunk rear and I removed that without instructions.

You will need to carefully check around the trim piece for any obvious screws & fasteners. I would reckon that you will find them on the inside of the trunk. So to release the trim you would work from the inside. Saturn also used some double side foamy type tape to hold pieces to stop them rattling. I found all those pieces to have simply rotted away. I replaced them with the one side foam draught proof strip you vcan buy from Lowe's/HD. Works just as well.

Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Trunk Reflector Removal '00 LS1

There is nothing unusual required to remove the rear reflector from the from the trunk lid. There are nine small metric nuts which screw on to nine corresponding studs that hold the reflector in place.

1)Four of them are easily seen on the far-left and far-right of the trunk lid as it's opened.
2) One is located at the middle of the reflector,
3) and two other pairs are located to the right and left of the middle retaining nut.

I can't recall for certain, but you may need to remove the license plate bulb sockets which are located on the inside of the trunk lid before separating the reflector from the lid.

309,000 miles - Holy canolli!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote