SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
shim bucket
shim bucket has a spectacular aura aboutshim bucket has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL2
Default LONG POST BUT WORTHY-New obsession- Auto repair Q&A podcasts!

I have taken a liking to radio and podcast ask the pro broadcasts. My favorite is out of Baton Rouge Louisiana. Why this one? Its not sponsored so they don't have to hold back and thus tell the TRUTH about all those turd crap car platforms, engines, transmissions etc. AGCO is a big shop that repairs domestic and Asian vehicles. No wasted air time spewing fluff and promoting stuff. Just awesome auto repair and maintenance talk. Click this link. No need to sign up. Click and enjoy the talk from 2 experienced modern pros. Heres AGCO

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/aut...ve-corporation

My second best show is The Car Doctor with Ron Ananian. He is sponsored but he tells it like it is too. You will here him suggesting O'Reilly auto parts and some others but still he provides valuable info. He is likable and entertaining. Heres Ron Ananian:
https://www.spreaker.com/show/ron-an...the-car-doctor

My third favorite is The Nordstroms Motor Medics. Heavily sponsored- kinda calls out turds but still valuable and entertaining. Heres The Motor Medics:
https://www.spreaker.com/show/under_...ice_talk_radio

My fourth favorite is Bobby Likis Car Clinic. HEAVILY SPONSORED LADEN WITH COMMERCIALS lots of interviews and snuggling up with GM big whigs and oil big wigs. Will not call a turd a turd. Sugar coats Ford cam phasers and GM transmission failures. He made my jaw drop by recently by saying car companies are so good now that one can buy a brand new first year model with no worries- no more teething pains with new tech like in the past (my eyes rolling).Being re played via internet I can FF thru the EXTENSIVE commercial content. Still- I learn and I am entertained. Heres BObby Likis Car Clinic:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/car_clinic

I never warmed up to NPRs Car Talk with Click and Clack the tappet brothers because there is no real auto repair talk. Folks call in asking about a leather wrap for their steering wheel.

Scotty Kilmer On youtube no longer posts his 30 min Q&A so I no longer listen to his shows- because I cant unless I catch it live. He breaks it all up into individual 5 min clips to generate clicks (Thumbs down)

I Know all of this because when I mow my lawn it takes near 2 hours. So on my rider I listen via phone. When I snowblow there's another hour and a half to listen. Currently I am off work from a spinal fusion so yes- I HAVE A LOT OF TIME!! But I tell you- the AGCO show is FANTASTIC. You will learn and benefit from them and probably become addicted. Plus all the shows I mentioned are archived and available going back up to 3 years! Can you say Binge Listening!!??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shim bucket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shim bucket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shim bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: LONG POST BUT WORTHY-New obsession- Auto repair Q&A podcasts!

I watched quite a few videos from Scotty Kilmer. Initially, when I first saw his videos, he came off as very abrasive and very straightforward.

I have enjoyed watching his videos over the years. The others sound interesting, but I have not watched or listened to them before.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
shim bucket
shim bucket has a spectacular aura aboutshim bucket has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL2
Default Re: LONG POST BUT WORTHY-New obsession- Auto repair Q&A podcasts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
I watched quite a few videos from Scotty Kilmer. Initially, when I first saw his videos, he came off as very abrasive and very straightforward.

I have enjoyed watching his videos over the years. The others sound interesting, but I have not watched or listened to them before.
When you feel like it give The Automotive Hour a listen. Those two immediately get into the meat and potatoes of car repair. No shout outs to Fram Michelin SEMA or other nonsense. Show moves along and callers are treated respectfully. I have called in with some EVAP questions and oil consumption questions..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shim bucket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shim bucket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shim bucket is offline   Reply With Quote