SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
larryfiero
larryfiero is on a distinguished road

Default 99 sc1 ignition module wiring

Hey guys, I am looking for the wiring pin out or diagram for the ignition module on my 99 sc1. Long story short the engine and trans are getting installed in another project so I need it to run stand alone. I have the pcm pinned out and ready to go but I need the pin out for the ICM. Specifically the 2 wires that run into the fuse block. Thanks guys!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to larryfiero's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help larryfiero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
larryfiero is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 99 sc1 ignition module wiring

Does this help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181120_115840.jpg (161.7 KB, 10 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
larryfiero

Great!!! That is exactly what I needed! Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help larryfiero reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfiero View Post
Hey guys, I am looking for the wiring pin out or diagram for the ignition module on my 99 sc1. Long story short the engine and trans are getting installed in another project
Say, it wouldn't be going into a Fiero, by any chance?

Your project sounds interesting, whatever it is.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #5
larryfiero

Haha, yes actually it is. Iíve been around a few Saturnís and I like the feel of the engine. Very peppy you could say, and Iím searching for a 50/50 weight distribution and the aluminum block will give me that. Eventually I will run it on a MegaSquirt but for right now the stock Pcm will be perfect. Iíll post up pictures of the project if you guys like?

Eventually Iíll do a dohc swap and a possible turbo but this gets the car moving. The 3800sc Buick engine that was in it ate a head gasket at the same time as its trans went out....4 years ago🙄... and Iím tired of looking at it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Yeah, that would be cool to see the build. I took a wild guess from the user name

There's a couple Fiero owners here, I think - don't recall who. And for some reason, I was just reading the Fiero development history a few days ago, and how some of the Fiero development stuff later benefitted Saturn.

I always liked them and might be something I would look for when I retire and build a decent sized garage for toys

edit: if you are already posting build/progress pics to another forum, you can just link to that forum thread. You may have to munge up the URL until you get 15 posts - for example, just leave off the ".com" at the end.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Haha, yes actually it is. Iíve been around a few Saturnís and I like the feel of the engine. Very peppy you could say, and Iím searching for a 50/50 weight distribution and the aluminum block will give me that. Eventually I will run it on a MegaSquirt but for right now the stock Pcm will be perfect. Iíll post up pictures of the project if you guys like.....
The 100% unenforceable rule here are that any mods done to Saturns or using parts transplanted to other cars are pictures of the mods in exchange for crucial info. Or any info for that matter. We share what we can around here. Thumbnail images are accepted only when limiting file size to around one megabyte in jpeg format. Larger if a photo album is created. Most problems with posting images are related to digital cameras and cellphones creating multi megabyte file sizes too large for acceptance as thumbnails. Since no one really needs extremely high resolution images of their overflowing cesspool, viewing a mangled wreck/burned wiring/broken half shafts/bent control arms/sexy looking finished cars, a focused image does more to show off things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #8
larryfiero

Iíve had this fiero since 2012 if i remember right. I drove it stock until I started reading a bout 3800sc swaps and decided to do one. I swapped it in from a 95 riviera and wired it in using the stock PCM with the body module and everything wired together including the key pass system behind the seat... wasnít the best... drove it a summer and blew the trans up in it and there it sat. Then a year ago I got bored and pulled the engine cradle and the wiring in anticipation of a 5 speed swap and MegaSquirt till I realized the engine was froze up.so itís sat for another year... which brings me to now, a 100 dollar running Saturn and sick of projects not going anywhere 😂 Iíll get pictures up tonight when I have more time

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #9
larryfiero

Ok Iím having trouble posting pictures... Iíve tried uploading to my gallery, and Iíve tried uploading straight to these posts... is my post count not high enough yet maybeee??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Review my previous post, #7 and try again. Image file size must be less than a megabyte and preferably in jpeg format.

And no, it isn't because you're new here. Many new members post images once they understood how large each of their image file size prevents uploading. Some use a link and can't die to fewer than 15 posts then post links. Some links die after a few years, rendering any links to other sites moot. Resizing images for acceptance here keeps images here forever.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #11
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

I really can't be surprised that the attachment window pop up that spells out exactly what's required (attached here) goes unread
JPG's under 205kb and max resolution on one side is 1280px. Not sure where the 1mb idea is coming from, but I don't see any filesize that large allowed

If you want it embedded in the post then you'll have to upload it to an image hoster (other than PhotoBucket) and use [ img ] [ /img] tags around the link to the image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturnfans attachment guide.JPG (47.1 KB, 4 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

I've always wondered about this file restriction; I've never had to reduce an image that I'm uploading and my iPhone typically produces files sizes that are well over 1 GB. I have noted that the file size gets reduced in the upload process. Here's an example; my 1.54 MB file shows up as 167.6 KB.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg test 2.JPG (18.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg test 1.JPG (21.3 KB, 30 views)

2001 SL1 MT (423,500 km @ 10/2018)
1999 SL2 MT (267,940 km @ 10/2018)
2011 Suburban LT (116,506 km @ 10/2018)

Past Saturns
1993 SW2 AT
2001 LW200 MT
1992 SL2 MT

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #13
larryfiero

Iím uploading from an iPhone maybe thatís all my problem. But I figured it would automatically resize like trottida... you will have to forgive me, Iím not exactly tech savvy 😂

Iíll keep trying 😂

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #14
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

A few years ago, I tried posting images and found issues with file sizes with warnings of image files larger than 150 kb not accepted. I decided to experiment with resizing images in Paint and found I can upload jpeg files as large as a megabyte for thumbnails. All I know is it works for me and I believe for others here. Why uploading a megabyte file size image (jpeg) becomes 150 or less kilobytes is beyond me and I don't dwell on it as long as I can load images to help with a reply. The one megabyte size is my approximation and not this site's rules. Call it a work around but it works. Every time I try loading an image and find it unacceptable, I check on its size then resize it until its accepted. I've experimented with other formats - tiff, bmp, etc and find it varies so I try staying within two or three image formats I'm comfortable with when resizing is needed. A little work is needed but after a few uploads it becomes easier. No different from proof reading.

The majority of cellphones and digital cameras create very large file sizes that many find difficult to upload here. When I read these threads, I simply suggest examining file size and use image handlers like Paint to resize to a lower number, around a megabyte and if possible convert to jpeg format.

I have an old digital camera and it creates multiple megabytes of high resolution images that aren't accepted as thumbnails. I resized a few and found a simple method that works. Some may have viewed my car images. Some came from my camera and others with my cellphone. All images needed resizing to be acceptable as thumbnails. Resizing to around a megabyte works for me in jpeg format.

Compression algorithm is probably why large image files aren't accepted until its reduced for the algorithm to accept it.

Last edited by fdryer; 11-21-2018 at 03:47 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #15
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to all

1997 SL2

If you're using an iPhone you can use the app image size. I use it all the time, just make sure the width is set to 1280. Height doesn't matter, it'll auto chose based on the aspect ratio of the image.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imag...670766542?mt=8

I've noticed that the site doesn't always care about size when uploading from computers and it'll just compress it while uploading. Phones don't seem to work the same way though, and it doesn't even always work from computers so idk how it chooses what it'll compress and what it will reject.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_4972.PNG (127.4 KB, 5 views)

It's time to play....guess that rattle!
1997 SL2, 111K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #16
trottida
Master Member
trottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to beholdtrottida is a splendid one to behold

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Quote:
Iím uploading from an iPhone maybe thatís all my problem. But I figured it would automatically resize like trottida... you will have to forgive me, Iím not exactly tech savvy 😂

Iíll keep trying 😂
Yes, I tried to upload a photo from my iPhone just now and it error-ed out in the upload process without much explanation. From Window's 7 and Windows 10 I've never had an issue.

2001 SL1 MT (423,500 km @ 10/2018)
1999 SL2 MT (267,940 km @ 10/2018)
2011 Suburban LT (116,506 km @ 10/2018)

Past Saturns
1993 SW2 AT
2001 LW200 MT
1992 SL2 MT

:canada:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #17
Waiex191
Waiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
1998 SC2

An SL2 Fiero would be cool. I have always liked the Fiero.

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:20 PM   #18
larryfiero

I figured it out! Thanks guys haha. Thanks to zeebins I downloaded that app and was able to resize pictures 😂
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A3AB0FE9-7E70-4E40-93FA-71880091A542.jpg (143.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg BBBF0A2A-A08A-492A-A261-52D1FF8C5D4B.jpg (104.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg A7E8BEF2-9C33-4BBD-8CDF-FA16BC1A5663.jpg (114.0 KB, 10 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #19
alordofchaos

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Looks like a fun project!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #20
larryfiero

Thanks bud! It is! Haha. The project is coming along nicely. Iíve build all the engine mounts for the fiero and cleaned up the engine and transmission. I am re sealing the engine as it has some major oil leaks. Iím on debate on doing a rering on the engine since I know it burns a little too, but I may wait till I get a DOHC engine to go through, especially since I wanna to do a turbo build.

Anyways hereís some progress, itís a little slow since Iíve got my full time job and all my side work but itís moving along!

I do have a couple questions for the performance enthusiasts on the forum, how well do these transmissions hold up to abuse? Any upgrades or modifications I should do? Also it needs a clutch, rock auto has a 6 puck paddle clutch for 120 or I can go through my store and get a stock one for cheap. I plan on auto crossing the car right away this spring, so what are your opinions? Will the stock clutch hold up?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!