SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #1
Ricketts
Ricketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really nice

2000 SC1
Default Oil Level

Hi guys - quick question. I've searched like crazy and even though I've seen it a dozen times on here, I can't find how much above the crosshatch is ideal for an oil change. I think there was even a diagram. My brain hurts.

So, to the question. I got carried away during my last oil fill and I am over by a bit, but wanted to see whether I am OK. I am just above the second L in FULL. I seem to recall ideal is between the U and the L, but am I OK being just above the second L?

Thanks,

Rick

2000 SC1 - Bone Stock
No power windows, no power locks, no AC, no cruise control...just a good DD that has nothing to break on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ricketts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ricketts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ricketts is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Oil Level

Between the F and U on FULL. This is the point after you change oil and filter, run engine to warm, and let it sit overnight in a LEVEL parking spot where you regularly check oil. Then check and adjust. Each diamond or letter is about 3 1/2 oz of oil if you have to adjust. You can get away with a level up to the first "L" but that is a bit much in most cases.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Ricketts
Ricketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really niceRicketts is just really nice

2000 SC1
Default Re: Oil Level

OK, thanks OldNuc, I'll drain a wee bit tomorrow

2000 SC1 - Bone Stock
No power windows, no power locks, no AC, no cruise control...just a good DD that has nothing to break on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ricketts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ricketts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ricketts is offline   Reply With Quote