SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
Cavell
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default abs sensor vs bearing?

i have a RR abs code and i removed the drum and of course the sensor broke while removing it. i can get a sensor for 10 or a cheap bearing w/sensor for 30. i replaced the LR bearing last month for a noise issue. the RR wheel feels fine. now that drum is loose and sensor is out it is real easy to just do the sensor. go for sensor alone?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #2
Walkop
Walkop is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
Default Re: abs sensor vs bearing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
i have a RR abs code and i removed the drum and of course the sensor broke while removing it. i can get a sensor for 10 or a cheap bearing w/sensor for 30. i replaced the LR bearing last month for a noise issue. the RR wheel feels fine. now that drum is loose and sensor is out it is real easy to just do the sensor. go for sensor alone?
If you can't detect any issues coming from that wheel hub/bearing, I wouldn't bother changing the hub. Especially with a cheapie, unless you've done your research. Your factory hub bearing may very well last longer if it hasn't been worn down by unbalanced wheels/poor alignment.

In my case, my rear bearings failed almost immediately after my front bearings. Just replaced them. Not sure if they were all OEM, but I'm not quite at 100,000 miles on my 06' Vue.

2002 SL2 A/T "Pluto" 250,000KM
2006 Vue V6 AWD A/T "Benji" 150,000KM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Walkop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Walkop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Walkop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
Cavell
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

i put a new set of rims on last month and have been trying to get the drum loose from the hub. finally popped off with my fairly beefy 2 jaw puller. tried heat, soaking it, beating it and so on. of course the sensor broke on the LR bearing so i couldnt use that one as a test

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

i did change sensor alone and my abs issue is fixed. fyi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!