SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Anjey
Anjey is on a distinguished road

Default Aura 3.5 2007 fuel pump replacement questions

1. What is the typical cost of labor for this job and how much time it takes to replace it in a shop (not at home)

2. Is there anyone here from South Bay area in LA - to recommend a place to go to have that pump replaced locally? (I don't want to go to a dealer because of the insane cost of this job.)

3. Where is the best place to buy the new pump assembly itself?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Anjey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Anjey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Anjey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Aura 3.5 2007 fuel pump replacement questions

Not sure how close this Repairpal estimate might be...There is an option to find a mechanic too. Never used it, but for sure get prices from a few places.
https://repairpal.com/estimator/satu...placement-cost

Here is a video detailing the steps required to replace the pump assembly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90pSRUVJaKg

Here is a range of fuel pump assembly prices from Rockauto...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...assembly,10147

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
Anjey
Anjey is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the detailed information. I bought the AC Delco pump MU1642 at Rock Auto and replaced it for $200. Problem is - the gas mileage after this job deteriorated. I must have another leak elsewhere. It was getting 17.2 MPG prior and now it is 16.58 MPG. It's terrible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Anjey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Anjey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Anjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

EPA states18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway for '07 Aura 3.5L with automatic transmission.

Auras replaced L300's after '05.

My '03 L300 3.0L with automatic is supposed to get 18 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. All local driving has varied from as low as 15 to a high of 19 mpg, averaging closer to 16.. Never got past 25 mpg on long highway drives with cruise control set on 73 mph.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #5
explorerbigjon
explorerbigjon will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjey View Post
Thank you for the detailed information. I bought the AC Delco pump MU1642 at Rock Auto and replaced it for $200. Problem is - the gas mileage after this job deteriorated. I must have another leak elsewhere. It was getting 17.2 MPG prior and now it is 16.58 MPG. It's terrible.
Is this mileage calculated or from the Average MPG from the DIC?

Either way, the loss of a 3/4 of an MPG is not that bad. This could be a result of different fuel mixes, every batch of fuel is different and even more so for the winter time mixes.

When I replaced my pump, I should have gotten the ACDelco MU1642, but none of the parts houses had it but one had the Delphi FG1384 in stock. It functions as well as it needs to be however the fuel level sensor reads partially correct, but I've adjusted my mindset to go by my trip meter instead of my gauge.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5-Sport tuning T10 wheels-Dynomax bullet/Borla ProXS-eBay intake-Pioneer Premier 12 shallow mount/Kicker CXA600.1
Upgrades coming!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to explorerbigjon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help explorerbigjon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
explorerbigjon is offline   Reply With Quote