SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
'97 SL-1
'97 SL-1 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1
Default '97 SL-1 troubleshooting guidance

Anyone ever heard of a Limited Edition SL-1?
What does that mean?
It is painted on both the driver and passenger side front doors just below the mirrors where the door panels meet the front quarter panels.
I'm looking for troubleshooting guidance.
'97 SL-1 with manual transmission.
Some issues that I'm having:
Headlights are not working (fuses and bulbs are good; running lights turn signals and license plate lights work left with DRL's or high beams. DRL's will go out when hi-beams are activated, or parking brake is applied; Will not come back on when hi-beams are dimmed, or when parking brake is released, until key is cycled (shutdown engine, return key to the run position).
Horn is unreliable: works sometimes; sometimes not. Sounds week sometimes when working. Does not always sound when using keyless entry (push lock button twice to enable alarm).
Windshield wiper motor suddenly quit on me. Had it replaced-new motor sounds awful makes a lot of noise; had that one replaced immediately; current one does the same thing. Wipers Will work when I turn them on, however sometimes they work when I don't, and the intermittent wiper settings can be somewhat unpredictable.
Radio sometimes cuts off then eventually comes back on; sometimes on its own, sometimes when I touch it.
I don't know if these problems are interrelated.
Note: Not looking to pull DRL relay; add jumper; etc.. Looking to try to accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and correct problems.
Not a "Part-changer" kind of troubleshooter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to '97 SL-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help '97 SL-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
'97 SL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: '97 SL-1 troubleshooting guidance

Repost this thread in the S-series Tech forums to have a larger audience for replies.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote