SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
phaxmohdem
phaxmohdem is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default 2008 Saturn Vue XR 3.6L Power Steering Cooler location

Hey everyone, been Googling high and low for this question, but am coming up empty.

I am trying to replace the power steering return line w/ cooler on my 2008 Vue XR 3.6L, however, the hose being replaced was just some 5/16 ID trans cooler hose job from some shop that deleted the cooler rather than replacing the return hose assembly.

I purchased the new return assembly kit below from advance auto, but for the life of me can't figure out where the heck that cooler loop in the bottom left of the photo is supposed to mount.

Does anybody have a 3.6L Vue (or just some baller knowledge of the platform) that can either describe where this goes, or better yet snap a photo of the cooler in it's natural environment?

Many thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phaxmohdem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phaxmohdem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phaxmohdem is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2008 Saturn Vue XR 3.6L Power Steering Cooler location

I have GM service manual but it does not depict location of cooler section.

However, it has instructions to remove the left front wheelhouse liner to change the hose so that's probably a clue.

I've attached that file and another for fuel injection sight shield but two other files are too large to post (LY7 Air Cleaner Outlet Duct R2 and LY7 Power Steering Cooler Pipe R2)..

PM email address and I can send the other files to you - if you still need.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08 Vue - Frnt Wheelhouse Liner R2.pdf (107.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf 08 Vue - LY7 Fuel Inj Sight Shld R2.pdf (122.6 KB, 7 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
dmayorgap
dmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura aboutdmayorgap has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: 2008 Saturn Vue XR 3.6L Power Steering Cooler location

Hi, i also bought the same return line as your picture and seems it has not have the cooler, my actual return line has the coller in front down the passenger light where there is a little grill, did you already fit the new return line? It fitted ok?

Thanks

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9E9A79D2-9380-44BD-9133-A3DF8B526F9F.jpeg (143.1 KB, 1 views)

David M.
-----------
Chevrolet Captiva Sport AWD V6 3.6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dmayorgap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dmayorgap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dmayorgap is offline   Reply With Quote