SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #1
tcarpenter
tcarpenter is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Front caliper torque specs

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the torque specs for a 2008 Saturn Aura XR front calipers. I need to replace both front calipers, rotors, pads and brake hoses - I've seen other specs for earlier years and models, but not for my particular year and model. Most of the links I've found are all dead.

Does someone have these or can you point me somewhere to find them?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcarpenter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcarpenter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
somethin2
somethin2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Front caliper torque specs

Hello,

I own a 2009 Aura. I research information at public library.... Here in MN they have an electronic ALL DATA to access and use only at library.

Additionally,

brake caliper guide pin bolts (2) and tighten to 35 Nm ( 26 ft. lb)

install the brake hose and the brake hose to brake caliper bolt to the brake caliper and tighten the botl to 50 Nm (37 ft. lb)

the information above is for front. However I found the information being same respecfully for the rear for the above 2 mentioned. Knowing this its likely the front is going to be the same values for the front as the rear. Based on this assumption.

Install the brake caliper mounting bracket bolts(2) and tighten to
130 Nm (96 ft. lb)

As stated the front values for the 2 above are same as rear values torque. It hightly unlikely that the front is going to be any different then the rear in this application. Is there anyone who would agree with me on this?

These numbers were obtained through reading ALL DATA referrences.

Extremely important whenever replacing CALIPERS ( YOU MUST BLEED BRAKES). Some people might just do the front see instructions on this site. I believe others have posted this for review.

Last edited by somethin2; 10-17-2018 at 01:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to somethin2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help somethin2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
somethin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #3
somethin2
somethin2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Hey,

Not sure where you are in OHIO but here is something of use I found for you. Consider trying to remotely access site or contacting your local library directly. This site at SATURN FANS might have an extensive how to where different individuals post images or links how to remove and replace stuff on their own cars. Otherwise, There is APPEARS TO BE CHILTONs electronic data base available through library. Note Chiltons and All Data are similiar but not identical in using such electronic data basis. But i have compared both against one another side by side and each is as good as the other.

Here is a link you can either click and go or manually enter the information yourself into the URL.

It appears it says State Libary of Ohio.

https://auth.oplin.org/?url=statewid...ap=galechilton

https://library.ohio.gov/collections/databases-a-z/

This does seem to allow someone to remotely access the library referrence of CHILTON's from their own home. I wouldnt know though because I dont have OHIO citizenship status. I encourage you to check for yourself. If it does this is EXTREMELY usefull information for your current inquiry and or other future information you seek. I always find myself coming to SaturnFans.com though to start my search and combined what is learned from here with other sources. I have been using SaturnFans for years now and know that it is EXTREMELY usefull to find and solving quetsions. You can be sure that the numbers TORQUE VALUES were accurate and from ALLDATA I posted above.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to somethin2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help somethin2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
somethin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
tcarpenter
tcarpenter is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Thanks a million somethin2 - that's great information!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tcarpenter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tcarpenter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote