SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default control arm noise

have a rattle over bumps. my street is downhill and as i pull into driveway i get a good click/clunk from driver side lower wheel well area. i have a new balljoint and control arm bushing on that side. both parts looked ok when i replaced them. i have new sway bar links. bushings look good. noise is present even when i removed links. i have new front struts. strut mounts looked great. i did not changed them. checked innner/outer tie rods. they are tight. had rig on 2 lifts and 2 techs looked at it. both said wheel bearings are fine. i pulled both calipers apart and the pins/bushings are good. i could change the strut mount for giggles. and than the wheel bearing? any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
What a VUE
What a VUE is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: control arm noise

It's likely the strut mounts themselves. They can look fine and still be bad.

You've eliminated everything but that, as far as I can see.

Dave
07 VUE 3.5 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to What a VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help What a VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
What a VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #3
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

i did check the cv axle for play. the inner joint has a loud click when you rotate it for/rev and i believe it is from inside the diff side cover. i see many video's online showing the issue and almost all say its normal. well, some do show up/down movement and the poster says they got a new trans and all is well. but i think that is not common. strut mount it is. cheap. and i know how to do it as i did the struts myself

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #4
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

mount is being delivered today. i will find out if my current mount which appeared ok is the culprit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

new mount fixed the noise. i noticed the old mount had a rubber layer bonded to the plastic spring seat. new mount is all plastic. i noticed many mounts online are also plastic. hard to discern detail in black/white pics from vendors. almost have to inspect them to see if some do have rubber layer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!