SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
Kingsfan
Kingsfan is on a distinguished road

Default Headlight Issues

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook XE. The inside glass covering on the low beam headlights is foggy/oxidized and I virtually drive in darkness. I have to replace the whole headlight assembly if I want to get that clear again. I do not know if my car has the HID light bulbs in it. How do I find that out? The manual says nothing about the wattage of the bulb I can have nor if it's HID or not. There is a huge difference in price between the headlight assemblies and I need to know if I'm getting the right one.
Also, does anyone know if I can put a cool white bulb in there as opposed to the warm white which yellows out. I also need to know the wattage I can handle in the car. I don't want to drain my alternator/battery or melt the housing with a high voltage light bulb.
I can't just get new bulbs because the covering is so damaged that it won't shine through. It will just reflect back on itself. Reminder: This is the low beam small round covering inside the headlight assembly, not the outer cover which is perfect and not scratched at all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kingsfan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kingsfan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Headlight Issues

Hi Kingsfan, welcome to the Forum!

Isn't your bulb a standard 55w H11?
Simply remove a few bolts and tabs, twist CCW on the dust cover at the rear of the assembly housing and see what you have, kinda sure its an ordinary bulb.

Last edited by toggenburg; 09-27-2018 at 01:00 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Headlight Issues

Do these images help? These are replacement lamps for Outlooks. Three images are HID lamps for low and high beams. Two are low beam H11 halogen lamps. High beam halogen lamps are similar except for bayonet configuration. Examining electrical connections on the back of the headlight assembly should reveal which lamps are used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACD1S_Alternet1__ra_p.jpg (17.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ACD1S_Alternet2__ra_p.jpg (23.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg ACD1S_Primary__ra_p.jpg (21.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PL_12362B1_Fro__ra_p.jpg (36.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PL_H11B1_Ang__ra_p.jpg (25.2 KB, 2 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote