SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
Pizza_saturn
Pizza_saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPizza_saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPizza_saturn has a spectacular aura about

2000 SW2
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Drl over-ride and/or delete

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Vue (I4 5spd) I was wondering if anyone has pointers on putting day time running lights on a switch or disabling (and automatic headlights too)
I would really like to be able to go to just parking lights at times, and that isnt possible in stock form, especially after driving in the dark (auto headlights)
Any pointers on how things are wired or from those that have done this would be great!
Thanks guys!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pizza_saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pizza_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pizza_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
Tzfbird
Tzfbird will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Drl over-ride and/or delete

DRL will not come on if the E-brake is applied. Pulling the E-brake up one click before starting the engine will prevent the DRL from coming on. Releasing the E-brake at any time will turn the lights back on. Downside is that the brake might be slightly applied and the brake light will be on the dash.
I have no idea where you would go in the wiring to add a switch.

Feeling better about yourself step #1: Having the people who think they know everything show you how much they think they know; only to end up failing and then denying the failure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tzfbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tzfbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tzfbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Pizza_saturn, are you not able to turn off low beams when you manually turn the headlight switch from AUTO position to parking lights? This would be the first detent from AUTO position.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
Pizza_saturn
Pizza_saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPizza_saturn has a spectacular aura aboutPizza_saturn has a spectacular aura about

2000 SW2
2004 VUE 2.2L

Unfortunately the drls come on even when the parking brake is set once traveling above 3 or so mph.
I believe I was mistaken with the auto headlights...my drls are just that bright.
I would like to find somewhere to splice in without having to do a "kill switch" on the actual headlight pigtail
When I used to deliver pizza I always felt bad for people...because my headlights were shining in the window....at 2,3 even 4am all because I can't turn the darn things off

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pizza_saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pizza_saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pizza_saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I can turn off headlights in my L300 when in DRL mode while parked, daytime or night, engine running or not with park brake released by manually turning the headlight switch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote