SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Zeebins
Zeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2
Default Blackstone Labs oil report

A few months ago I found out about this company that tells you the condition of your engine based on an oil sample. Last oil change I sent one in to see how mine is and I though some others here would be interested in looking at it. Things seem pretty good for my little Saturn, was happy to see that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4623.jpg (197.2 KB, 25 views)

"Tupperware on wheels"
1997 SL2, 110K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Blackstone Labs oil report

To make this exercise meaningful you need to pull a sample from every used oil change until you have a trend line. That is usually a minimum of 3 samples using the same brand and weight of oil and filter. The only wear sources for iron are the rings and liners. For identical change interval mileage the iron should be the same/similar as the previous sample results.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote