SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XE
Default 3.5l Double start

Anybody run into this...on these cars you turn the key and let it go, the computer does the rest but just recently on the first start of the day the engine cranks, it starts but the starter reengages for a split second, makes a terrible noise. Every start after that is fine. Anybody have any thoughts on probable causes?

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the roughimaddicted2u is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: 3.5l Double start

I think I cured the double start issue. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor. So far so good. Engine obviously idles smoother.
Tedious job to change. I could barely get my fingers or a wrench on it. I used a long screwdriver to pry off the wire nut. Had to put my combination wrench in a piece of pipe to get it to reach the stud. Once it was out the sensor was popped out with the screwdriver and it hung down far enough to disconnect the plug. Was able to get the new sensor and the stud in between my finger tips. A little oil on the o ring helps it slip in when levering it in with the screwdriver.
There may be an easier way but I couldn't find it.
I snugged up the valve cover bolts a little and the oil seepage you can see in the pic seems to have stopped.

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote