SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2
Default Best door jamb switch 1997 SW2

My battery went dead last night because I left my headlights on due to my headlights on warning chime didn’t work since my door jamb switch broke. I want to find a nice new switch.

I have yet to find a new OEM part as of yet but I did find the part pictured in the bottom half of the attached image (the original working passenger side switch is pictured in the upper half).

I have yet to pull the broken switch out but wanted to purchase an adequate replacement part before hand.

Question 1): based upon your experience, is the switch pictured in the lower half indeed the correct switch?

Question2): Are the OEM switches still available?

E2E16327-52B5-4B26-8254-D55846211B69.jpg

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Best door jamb switch 1997 SW2

I don't know if this GM Gen 3 will work in your Gen 2. If so, someone will thumbs up or down on it.

$20 acdelco off ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/fits-2000-2...8AAOSw8FBbIvF9

Can you just swap one from a rear door instead?
Then, twist the wires together, use electrical tape real good and stuff it back into the donor switches empty hole?

Otherwise, local salvage lot I'd guess.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #3
Zeebins
Zeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to allZeebins is a name known to all

1997 SL2
Default Re: Best door jamb switch 1997 SW2

The part number for that switch is 21023335, and the only place I can find it new is on amazon for $92.66. Which seems a little expensive if you ask me. If you want to be super cheap about this you could just take the switch from the passenger door and move it in the drivers side (assuming the passenger door switch works). They're the same part.

Edit: Not sure how I missed that eBay listing. Probably because it doesn't have the part number in the title. If it is the right part though it should work. The part number says it fits 96-02

"Tupperware on wheels"
1997 SL2, 110K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote