SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default 06 AF33 trans

Got an 06 equinox with af33 trans. Is drain amount the same as the 02-03 vues? About 4.5 qts? I see no info online about them

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: 06 AF33 trans

Maybe check with the Equinox forums.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

it does have the yellow fill plug. all the info i have seen online shows the drain plug in a similar place. bottom of housing of course but i dont think it is exactly the same as the vue. which seems odd since it is an af33. i suppose you fill it till the dipstick says good.
my nox had very dirty internal engine parts so i am going to do a 30 day oil change in the next week or so. and paying $30 more for toyo trans fluid sorta annoys me. but i assume trans fluid has never been changed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:31 AM   #4
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavell View Post
it does have the yellow fill plug. all the info i have seen online shows the drain plug in a similar place. bottom of housing of course but i dont think it is exactly the same as the vue. which seems odd since it is an af33. i suppose you fill it till the dipstick says good.
my nox had very dirty internal engine parts so i am going to do a 30 day oil change in the next week or so. and paying $30 more for toyo trans fluid sorta annoys me. but i assume trans fluid has never been changed
We still have the 2007 Equinox in my thread (link below) from the Chevy forum with 187K miles on it now.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/equ...-change-46403/

I've seen conflicting information regarding the amount of fluid required for a drain & refill. The Transmission Fluid Replacement procedure for the Equinox in the FSM says 3.3 qts is necessary, but the Fluid Capacity Specifications section says 4.29 qts is necessary. The latter seems more likely, which matches the specified amount for the Vue with the same transmission.

I've done a drain and fill on our Equinox twice. The first time I got about 3.75 quarts drained out while performing the complete fluid exchange. However, about 4.25 quarts drained out the second time a few years later. I never did find out why there was such a difference. I highly recommend measuring what you drained out if at all possible because of this. You can always add a more fluid if it measures a little low afterwards, but taking a little bit of fluid out is more of a challenge.

You need to take the Equinox for a short drive before checking the fluid for an accurate dipstick reading.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 178K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 187K miles

Last edited by ruley73; 08-29-2018 at 01:40 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote