SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2018, 04:32 AM   #1
Machelle Pucket
Machelle Pucket is on a distinguished road

Default how to replace ac compressor saturn 2001 ls

My ac system not working,my friend who is an old mechanic checked it and told me the ac compressor was bad.He suggested me order an air condition ac compressor replacement online and he could help me install it.
I bought saturn ls ac compressor from HexAutoParts.com
Yesterday,I received it but my friend had to go to another town because of work demands there days.
What should I do ? Seems the labor cost is not cheap,right ?
How to replace ac compressor saturn 2001 ls ?
Thank you for your sharing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Machelle Pucket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Machelle Pucket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Machelle Pucket is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: how to replace ac compressor saturn 2001 ls

Which engine do you have? Every S-series car uses the 1.9L engine. The L-series uses either the 2.2L 4 cyl or 3.0L V6 engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #3
Machelle Pucket
Machelle Pucket is on a distinguished road

It's 2.2L 4 cyl. I have tried to find youtube videos but not for the same vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Which engine do you have? Every S-series car uses the 1.9L engine. The L-series uses either the 2.2L 4 cyl or 3.0L V6 engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Machelle Pucket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Machelle Pucket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Machelle Pucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
KayeLa Marsh
KayeLa Marsh is on a distinguished road

Here is my experience:
I have a 03 Saturn L200 with 2.2 engine.
I bought saturn ac compressor online from Amazon.com - very good deal (lower price and higher quality ) and it delivered free to one of my local repair shop, and spent $200 for installing ac compressor including ac clutch (some stores will charge more). Worked out well. Saved a ton of $$. Going to do this from now on for all my vehicles.
$$ saved on shipping alone makes it worth the install cost.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KayeLa Marsh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KayeLa Marsh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KayeLa Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Machelle Pucket, it's rare for compressors to fail and always blamed when 98% of all vehicle ac problems are about the leak no one wants to find that kills ac cooling. To fully understand this is to buy and use a uv blacklight to find dye installed in every Saturn using r134a. Dye remains permanent in a system and only leaks out with refrigerant and oil when damage occurs or service caps aren't tightened after topping off. Dye glows greenish yellow with a uv light to point to the leak killing ac cooling, not the compressor. You have two choices - either try finding the leak with a uv light or find out later that replacing the compressor won't fix a leak. It's easier to spend the time looking for the leak, killing ac use than to spend time without a guarantee that the compressor is the cause of failure. The compressor may be faulty but you haven't proven it to fail. Taking the word of an old mechanic may be placing too much trust in one person as it would be taking my word that you probably have damage somewhere with a leak killing ac use when its not likely to be compressor failure. I can give you simple procedures to determine if the compressor is faulty or not or you go ahead and replace the compressor. Who does the rest of the work, using a vacuum pump and gauges to remove air and moisture, checking for any leaks afterwards before refilling with refrigerant. You or your mechanic friend?

If you need procedures, private message me an email address with your car stats. Files are to large to post here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote