SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
Manospeed
Manospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura about

Default Getting engine service warning light

Hi,

About a week ago I attempted to start the car. It cranked a couple times and then proceeded to (what sounded like) misfire and then die. I reset the key in the ignition and tried a second time and the car started normally.

Since this incident, the repair engine light will come on and stay on for a about 7-10 seconds and then eventually turn off. Has anyone experienced this before? Secondly, I'm considering buying a car diagnostics tool. Would you recommend purchasing one of these and if yes, which ones should I look at buying?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Manospeed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Manospeed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Manospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Getting engine service warning light

Stop by Autozone or auto store providing free scans of check engine lights. Get this done as soon as possible. Decide of what type or reader to buy as a separate issue without rushing to buy the first thing you see. I'm sure there are as many opinions on what reader to buy as there are people with the basic reader able to read any vehicle after '96 with OBD II in virtually every USA vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #3
conemark
conemark is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Getting engine service warning light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manospeed View Post
Hi,....I'm considering buying a car diagnostics tool. Would you recommend purchasing one of these and if yes, which ones should I look at buying?
I would look into one that not only does CEL (Check Engine Light) codes, but one that also does ABS and SRS (supplemental restraints) also. I picked up a used Innova unit from a "famous internet auction site" for ~$50 shipped.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to conemark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help conemark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote