SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member
Shadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of light

Default New tensioner assembly, new belt... Still getting p0a92. Help!

I've got a 2008 Saturn vue green line.
My tensioner was screwed causing the belt to slip, and I kept getting the p0a92 code for Hybrid generation performance. So I've replaced the whole tensioner assembly and belt, it no longer slips, but the code keeps coming back.

Do I need a new generator??

Edward.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shadow_tek001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_tek001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Shadow_tek001 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: New tensioner assembly, new belt... Still getting p0a92. Help!

I don't know of any Starter Generators that have failed, Is the replacement belt the correct one by application?

Also maybe the following may help :

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
•The diagnostic system has not been disabled.
•There are no crank sensor faults.
•There are no engine coolant temperature sensor faults.
•There are no mass air flow sensor faults.
•There are no intake air temperature sensor faults.
•There are no starter/generator temperature faults.
•There are no starter/generator position sensor faults.
•There are no starter/generator speed faults.
•There are no starter/generator torque delivered faults.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member
Shadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bern View Post
I don't know of any Starter Generators that have failed, Is the replacement belt the correct one by application?

Also maybe the following may help :

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
•The diagnostic system has not been disabled.
•There are no crank sensor faults.
•There are no engine coolant temperature sensor faults.
•There are no mass air flow sensor faults.
•There are no intake air temperature sensor faults.
•There are no starter/generator temperature faults.
•There are no starter/generator position sensor faults.
•There are no starter/generator speed faults.
•There are no starter/generator torque delivered faults.
100% the right belt. Tried a dayco or belt first, which just started slipping after a month. So switched to the best belt rock auto was selling. No slippage anymore, but still getting that code.
No other faults reporting.

Edward

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_tek001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-23-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Being at the dealer their is only one choose of belt ( the belt the parts guy gives me ) So I don't know if you the best one rock auto has is good enough.
I looked at (rock auto) the belts for 08 Vue hybrid, only one shows the OEM number.
See
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...-belt-12629347

Back to rock auto. I don't believe 4 of 5 belts their showing is good enough for a Hybrid.
When check for the 08 Vue hybrid belt tensioner, some non hybrid tensioners are show.
Calling rock auto customer service to confirm cross reference to OEM belt number may be something to try.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Agreed; it uses an aramid core belt that is pretty unique; don't think I've ever seen an aftermarket. Probably a dealer-only part.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #6
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member

Well....

On everyone's advice I replaced the belt with the OEM gm belt. And GUESS WHAT!! IT DIDN'T WORK!

Drove it for 5 minutes and bam, same problem.

That's, new***dual*** tensioner assembly (and don't tell me it might be a non Hybrid tensioner, as only the hybrids come with the dual system)

A dayco belt, then a continental belt and now a GM aramid belt and still same &@$(- problem.

Edward

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #7
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member

Before anyone claims of bought the wrong tensioner,

This is the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B014RE...f=yo_pop_mb_pd

It's Ac Delco oem.

Edward

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

With zero familiarity of Vue hybrid use, an initial search turns up two sites with possible answers that may require more than casual knowledge of how any hybrid system operates. In addition, complicating this is using the automatic stop/start program to use the combination starter/generator. I'm fascinated with how technology is adapted but without in depth information, I'm left to guess or search for info. Since this is not an everyday issue and relates to the hybrid system, there are choices to figure this out; subscription to alldata or Mitchell for online access to service manuals, searching for more info for diy repairs, finding a repair shop specializing in hybrid vehicles or pay GM to figure it out. A new belt and tensioner that didn't correct the error implies a more complicated diagnostic process to determine where fault lies.

https://www.autocodes.com/p0a92.html

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...reen+Line+Aura

The two sites are among many places to visit for possible clues. If diy, you'll have to search for help otherwise the alternatives should be considered.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_tek001 View Post
Well....

On everyone's advice I replaced the belt with the OEM gm belt. And GUESS WHAT!! IT DIDN'T WORK!

Drove it for 5 minutes and bam, same problem.

That's, new***dual*** tensioner assembly (and don't tell me it might be a non Hybrid tensioner, as only the hybrids come with the dual system)

A dayco belt, then a continental belt and now a GM aramid belt and still same &@$(- problem.

Edward
You posted that the belt was slipping. We recommended you use an OEM part since it's unique to the GM BAS system. No need to get upset that it didn't fix the problem; using the correct part was the right thing to do, as now you've eliminated that as the mode of failure. And yes, only the dual tensioner will fit the LAT motor, so it's also the correct part.

Next part up the chain would be the motor/generator, but before throwing more parts at it, it's probably time to take it to a tech familiar with the drivetrain.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote