SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #1
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default replacing the VSS on a manual Vue

To make a long story short, you may need a 12mm x 1.75 bolt 3" long screwed into the outer housing in order to extract the old sensor. I did not have to heat up the bolt to get better thread engagement, but that was a possibility if at first the bolt pulled out.

Before the bolt trick worked I was afraid I would have to drop the engine cradle to gain access. It can be seen from above, but on ramps I could only feel it from underneath.

Wife drove it around the block, speedometer gave steady readings.

I had pulled a sensor at a junk yard. It had abnormal wear particles on it as well as normal rubbing wear particles. If my sensor had metal particles on it I thought that might be affecting the readings. But my sensor was clean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02230.jpg (176.1 KB, 16 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: replacing the VSS on a manual Vue

I just realized: The only reason my sensor was "clean" was because it came out in pieces. When the inner magnetic part came out any metal particles could have dropped of the outer sheath.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:55 AM   #3
prestone08
prestone08 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: replacing the VSS on a manual Vue

Hey!

I just did this about 3 times over thinking my sensor was my issue and it was a faulty ground wire. I picked up my sensor for like 30$ at autozone and it worked fine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to prestone08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help prestone08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
prestone08 is offline   Reply With Quote