SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
jambra1
Advanced Member
jambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nice

1999 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Anyone in Dallas area interested in my 99 SC2?

After 19 years of Saturn ownership, we are closing out this chapter of our lives. The cars have been incredibly dependable and we've enjoyed the Saturn experience. The SaturnFans forum has been the absolute best source of help for keeping these cars well-maintained and operational.

I'm the original owner on my 1999 blackberry SC2 which now has 435,000 miles on it. The engine is original and the only replacement I've made on the drivetrain is the clutch. I've been having a some recent issues with stalling when it gets warmed up, have been getting P0122 codes, and have tried numerous things to address. Finally got to the point of just not wanting to bother with it anymore as I have way too many other things on my calendar that I can do aside from car repair.

With that said, I'd be glad to take an offer from anyone who would either like to try fixing the immediate issue or else use this as a parts car. There are lots of good items on the engine and body, including some new parts like the condenser, radiator, fuel filter, EGR and others. It has an operational sunroof. I'll note that I had an accident this fall when someone pulled out in front of me. The frame was fine but I did replace some body parts and front end parts. The airbags also blew and I did not replace.

If you have an interest, DM me or post here and we can see about working out a deal. I live in the Dallas area but you may find it worthwhile to come this way to pick up.

I'll also be parting with my wife's 1999 SL2 with 195K miles but we are likely going to give that away to someone locally.

Let me know.

Current
1999 SC2 - 435,000 miles
1999 SL2 - 198,000 miles

Previous
1996 SC2 and 1999 SL2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jambra1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jambra1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jambra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Anyone in Dallas area interested in my 99 SC2?

Y'all have some stiff local competition (Arlington)
2002 SC2 with 140K for $2000

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/ct...644346477.html

And if anyone is wanting a low mileage (78K) 1995 SL2 (2 owner car) in excellent condition (per seller) for $2700, in the West Ft Worth area, then see this:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/ct...630101337.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #3
jambra1
Advanced Member
jambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nicejambra1 is just really nice

1999 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Anyone in Dallas area interested in my 99 SC2?

$2,000 is certainly a stiff price, as is the $2,700 in spite of the low mileage. I think we have a lot of dreamers around these parts. I think I did a KBB lookup on mine for a trade-in value and it was something like $135.

There's a junkyard in Grand Prairie (All State) that's been one of the few in the Metroplex with a decent supply of old Saturns over the years and I've gotten plenty of items there. However, they are getting a little low on the S-series. I'd even semi-jokingly toyed with the idea of just dropping the coupe off and signing over the title. The parts would feel at home again.

Actually, we have a charity car auction program in the area that benefits at-risk kids and I'll likely donate the car there. No hassle and somebody gets the benefit of the value.

Had hoped to squeak out 500,000 miles but that ship has sailed. Been a great journey.

Current
1999 SC2 - 435,000 miles
1999 SL2 - 198,000 miles

Previous
1996 SC2 and 1999 SL2

Last edited by jambra1; 07-20-2018 at 10:30 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jambra1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jambra1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jambra1 is offline   Reply With Quote