SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
marklevinson1
marklevinson1 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Yes...another blower fan not working question!

Hi,

I have been attempting to diagnose my non working blower motor for a number of weeks now. I have read/watched MANY posts, articles and videos and have been trying to diagnose it. I have replaced the climate control panel (Thought for sure it was the switch), opened up the wiring harness behind it to check for burned/melted components,Tested the IGN3 relay, pulled on wiring to check for loose connections. Checked the 40A fuse in the engine compartment. I have pulled the blower motor out on 2 occasions and connected it directly to the battery. It operates fine. I tested the connector to the motor and I am getting power to the connector. I thought the connector might be loose so I tightened the contacts inside so it would fit better. No go. I did not check the resistor because I read that the fan would still run in high speed even if the resistor were bad but the fan does not operate at all. So...my question would be why would the fan still not operate even if it is getting power to the connector? What am I missing?

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

2003 L200

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marklevinson1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marklevinson1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marklevinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
02 LW300
02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Yes...another blower fan not working question!

Grounds

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car, now if I can only quit hitting deer. I have hit two this year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Yes...another blower fan not working question!

Your descriptions seem to point to either a damaged or burned ground connection to the blower motor. You are correct about the resistor card - three speeds are controlled thru the resistor card with direct 12v power applied to the blower for high speed. Without zero blower operation from any speed, this seems to be a ground issue, the black wire from the blower motor to somewhere inside the car and connected to the chassis which is connected to battery negative.

Below is the blower power and ground connector, a three pin plug. Terminal-C is the black wire for ground. Examine the male/female terminals then carefully follow the black wire to wherever it goes as its terminated to a nearby chassis stud to ground the blower motor. This black wire may be burned, cooked.
Attached Images
File Type: png Blower power and ground.png (61.3 KB, 9 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote