SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
RGRG68
RGRG68 has a spectacular aura aboutRGRG68 has a spectacular aura aboutRGRG68 has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default windshields wipers trouble..

I tossed this in mods so as not to step on the new threads in tech and general.
The wipers don't go all the way down.. They sit about 8-10" from the hood line when I turn them off.. I've removed the wiper assemblies and can't find an obvious reason for it. If I grab either wiper there's about 8" of slop in both. I can push them down out of my line of sight but have to do it every time. Is there a common problem with this? I apologize for this not being a mod...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RGRG68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RGRG68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RGRG68 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2018, 05:43 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: windshields wipers trouble..

I think you're more likely to get help in the Vue tech or general forums than here. I'm not sure why you think your thread steps on anyone since you're asking a valid question and have every right to post any question in any forum. I think mods mean modifying existing or removing existing parts. You're wiper mechanism may be broken, not returning to home position.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
RGRG68
RGRG68 has a spectacular aura aboutRGRG68 has a spectacular aura aboutRGRG68 has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
I think you're more likely to get help in the Vue tech or general forums than here. I'm not sure why you think your thread steps on anyone since you're asking a valid question and have every right to post any question in any forum. I think mods mean modifying existing or removing existing parts. You're wiper mechanism may be broken, not returning to home position.
I meant that I knew this wasn't a modification.. And my post isn't as important as someone wanting to get something fixed that is keeping the vehicle from running etc. BTW I did fix it..You were right.. the mechanism was broken (transmission). I actually found the transmission online and at advance auto locally for the same price (about $62. It was cheaper locally with a 25% coupon than on ebay or Amazon. Took about 15 minutes to install.. works like it should now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RGRG68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

As a gracious member, you show more than common courtesy. Whether you know it or not, your problem is no less important than anyone else coming here for help. Better yet was finding an answer before anyone here and sharing your find.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
RGRG68

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
As a gracious member, you show more than common courtesy. Whether you know it or not, your problem is no less important than anyone else coming here for help. Better yet was finding an answer before anyone here and sharing your find.
l Well thanks! It's just that I've been in forums before and my vehicle was in dire straights and someone stepped on my post. I may have done that myself without thinking too. I don't want to be that guy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!