SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2018, 02:51 AM   #1
ddb
ddb is on a distinguished road

Default thermostat tools

last month I changed the thermostat on my Saturn XR. It is not so hard to get to it but man it was hard to push the spring into the housing. had to take the heater core hoses off the store supplied the thermostat with some kind of toilet paper roll, a really weird thing.

I ended up taking the housing off and pushed it in with a giant pliers. does anybody know a better tool to push the thermostat into the housing? the paper supplied was just not cutting it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ddb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ddb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: thermostat tools

If I'm not mistaken, the toilet paper cardboard roll is a makeshift press using your hands to push the cardboard roll against the t-stat to compress the spring, rotating the ears into place before releasing spring pressure. Would a similar sized plastic pvc pipe work?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XR
2005 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: thermostat tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the toilet paper cardboard roll is a makeshift press using your hands to push the cardboard roll against the t-stat to compress the spring, rotating the ears into place before releasing spring pressure. Would a similar sized plastic pvc pipe work?
Good idea.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2 Ride's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2 Ride reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote