SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
joshjani
joshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default No Interior Overhead Lights 2006 VUE-MICE?

I just added a 2006 AWD 3.5l V6 to our garage for my son to drive, and I have a few issues I need help with.
One issue is that the overhead lights don't work. At all. They don't behave weirdly, they just don't work at all. Doors or their own switches do not work.

I have replaced every 10A fuse in the passenger area fuse panel with new.

I have searched here and found several references to the BCM being bad, but those usually have the lights behaving strangely or other components, like locks, not working. Other components like dash lights, locks and factory stereo work as they should. So I'm HOPING it's not a bad BCM.

As I was installing a new cabin filter, I noticed evidence of a nest, I think. Large amount of pine needles in front of the filter, and the rubber grommet was full of dirt preventing water from draining. There was also debris up in the holes of the hood. So I am suspecting mouse damage to the wiring.

I am not very well versed with electricity- when I see smart people here posting electrical diagrams and such, I just feel so stupid!

BUT if one of you fine Saturn fans could explain, as if to a child, how to do it, I do have a multimeter and would like to test the circuit before I start disassembling the roof liner, etc.

Thanks in advance for any experience and advice!
JC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshjani's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshjani reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joshjani is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links