SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #1
cuetip
cuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nice

1997 SW1
Default AC Evap Core Flush Question

I need to flush the evap core in my '97 SW1 and was wondering what the inner and outer diameter of the inlet and outlet holes are at the firewall so I can fit some sort of tubing on or in them so I can direct the flush into a bucket

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cuetip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cuetip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cuetip is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2018, 01:44 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: AC Evap Core Flush Question

I have no idea of inside diameters. However, If you are going to flush the evaporator core, you'll have to remove the thermal expansion valve that's sitting on the firewall connecting the ac hoses to it and the evap core. Leaving the txv in place may or may not allow solvent in or out since one side of this valve uses a needle to meter liquid refrigerant into the evap coils. If you're familiar with metering valves, google for how txv operates (block type). Once you get involved with txv removal, you open yourself up to another leak source as O-rings are used for the txv to evap fittings and another pair between ac hoses and txv. Once the txv is removed for full access to both evap tubes, any rubber cone sold with ac flushing solvent is used to force feed solvent under can pressure into the evap coils. Solvent, dirt and oil should blow out the other end. A tube to stick into the output tube can be used or just left as is and let solvent blow out and drain onto the ground or something to capture it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:08 AM   #3
cuetip
cuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nicecuetip is just really nice

1997 SW1
Default Re: AC Evap Core Flush Question

I had planned to remove the TXV. Was just wondering if anyone could tell me what size tube or hose works well so I don't have to guess

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cuetip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cuetip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cuetip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
SRGW
Advanced Member
SRGW is a glorious beacon of lightSRGW is a glorious beacon of lightSRGW is a glorious beacon of lightSRGW is a glorious beacon of lightSRGW is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SL1
Post Re: AC Evap Core Flush Question

https://www.carid.com/universal-air-conditioner/evaporator-plate-fin-mpn-ev2970pfxc.html?singleid=181445477&url=10413186#sp ecifications

1995 SL1 235,000 Well Oiled!!
1997 SL1 64,900 Just A Teenager!!
CHECK YOUR OIL!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SRGW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SRGW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SRGW is offline   Reply With Quote