SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #1
LaboysToy
LaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really nice

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default U0121

Hi Everyone,

So I am driving home from work this morning on the highway in my 08 Vue XE I4 FWD doing about 60, and all of the sudden my Traction,Stability, BRAKE and ABS lights all come on at the same time (Never had seen this before while car is running), I get an on demand diagnostic from OnStar and they say it is due to error code U0121, Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module. Is this easy to fix?:

Last edited by LaboysToy; 06-17-2018 at 09:04 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LaboysToy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LaboysToy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LaboysToy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: U0121

Yes and no. It can be as easy as a worm out battery or as difficult as the abs system wiring or electronics fault. Two ways to look at this problem;

A power check of battery, battery cables, their connections, drive belt, belt tensioner and alternator output; https://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-U0...em-abs-control.

Jumping into abs troubleshooting; https://www.obd-codes.com/u0121

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
LaboysToy
LaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really nice

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Yes and no. It can be as easy as a worm out battery or as difficult as the abs system wiring or electronics fault. Two ways to look at this problem;

A power check of battery, battery cables, their connections, drive belt, belt tensioner and alternator output; https://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-U0...em-abs-control.

Jumping into abs troubleshooting; https://www.obd-codes.com/u0121
Since I have no scan tool, took to the dealer and discovered its the EBCM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help LaboysToy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The EBCM, electronic brake control module is GMs abs system.......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
LaboysToy

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
The EBCM, electronic brake control module is GMs abs system.......
Yes, I now know this and its pricey, I brought the part and will have them install. (Sigh) Im not sure why on the 2.4L they have that big black plastic airbox attachment to the engine blocking the engine cover, Its a pain to remove and makes most repairs annoying.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!