SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
GooBak
GooBak is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Default Mp6 refresh before installation

Ive been lurking for a couple years and the tech here has helped me immensely but I cant seem to find this by searching so I apologize if its a stupid question...

Im replacing the mp6 in my 2000 sl2. It blew one of the seals out up in the bell housing and has been run dry several times now... So its toast. My question is if there are any specific seals i should know about while i have a junkyard tranny on my floor? I have both output seals, the TC seal and the input seal on order along with a wix filter. I cant afford a valvebody but is there any recommendations for cheap parts that might as well be replaced while its out?

I really appreciate any help

2000 SL2 140k auto trans #3 & 1 qt oil/month

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GooBak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GooBak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GooBak is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Mp6 refresh before installation

Nothing more than what you have listed. The only addition would be a full rebuilt VB from http://centralvalvebodies.com and mention Saturnfans. Would be money well spent. Blowing seals is not a common failure so something was bad wrong on the old transmission.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #3
GooBak
GooBak is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Thank you I dont suppose you have any suggestions on limping the blown one a couple hundred more miles lol. She currently lives on bars leak and 13 dollar a gallon walmart atf

Also though this one whines like a turbine it does run through the gears ect and from what i understand theres some pieces you cant just buy... Would anyone want anything specific when i tear into the old one in a couple weeks? The guy at the trans shop said it probably ate the pump bushing or blew welds on the torque converter so idk what kind of internal damage it will have. Its essentially a boat anchor otherwise so i plan on taking it apart for fun

2000 SL2 140k auto trans #3 & 1 qt oil/month

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GooBak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GooBak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GooBak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Basic boat anchor. Something went wrong with the pressure control and high pressure bypass and the seals are probably in need of replacement and thin is is find out what broke. You spend more fixing it than a good used one will cost. Pour oil in it faster than it leaks out is about all you can do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote