SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
xpress999
xpress999 is on a distinguished road

Default Aura miles/km speedometer question

Hey,
got my Astra totalled (not my fault and I have not a single scratch luckily)

Looking to get the Aura as replacement and considering importing one from the USA (I am in Canada), but got a question here.

Because of some st*d reason GM only put one scale on speedometer (either miles or km), but Aura manual it says "This feature allows you to select the units of measurement in which the DIC will display the vehicle
information."

Can please somebody confirm that it will only change DIC and possibly odometer units, but not the speedometer scale?

I mean I could see it doing latter as well (looking at same numbers, but them being km/h), however "mph" label printed on it would be misleading then.

Cluster replacement can be quite costly, so might have to stick to Canada only then

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xpress999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xpress999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xpress999 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Aura miles/km speedometer question

It changes odometer and speed from what I remember. Had a customer accidentally turn it to kilometers and turned it back to miles for them back when auras were out

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
xpress999

That is VERY interesting lead, will wait until somebody can confirm that (or maybe even test )

There's literally couple of those in my province, plus I am almost sure they won't let me fiddle with the car settings if I go check one of them

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help xpress999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
golftango
golftango will become famous soon enough

When changing to KM from MPH, the speedo does not change at all. The illumination turns off MPH and reflecks KM/H and the indicated needle then reflects KMH vs MPH. But it will only be able to reflect up to 140 Km/h vs a Canadian model which reflects up to 220 km/h.

2017 Sport SE 6MT in San Marino Red
2012 Pilot EX-L w/ NAV (family truckster)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/golftango
https://500px.com/golftango
https://www.instagram.com/golftango

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
xpress999

Heart Re: Aura miles/km speedometer question

golftango, thank you very much! Seems it makes sense for me to doublecheck with the registrar to see if they're OK with up to 140, but must be fine.
Going for Aura (still considering Astra though, but makes less sense now that I have a baby and need to carry her in car sometimes)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #6
pstrick
pstrick is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
When changing to KM from MPH, the speedo does not change at all. The illumination turns off MPH and reflecks KM/H and the indicated needle then reflects KMH vs MPH. But it will only be able to reflect up to 140 Km/h vs a Canadian model which reflects up to 220 km/h.
Yeah, I have a 2007 US aura. Switching between mph and km/h is easy and can be done even when the car is in motion. You just have to hold down a couple buttons on the steering wheel.

The US model can switch to metric, but can the canadian model be changed to imperial? (just curious)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pstrick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pstrick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pstrick is offline   Reply With Quote