SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Headliner drooping

My front drivers side headliner had become lose about a year ago at the windshield edge only, & now I'm noting the passengers side is going the same way. Seems to sag more in colder/humid weather meaning I'm going to wait if it finally ever warms up to attempt anything.

Since this is on the edge, I would imagine this happened to others as well, anyone suggest a glue to rub on, getting the spray can up there may present more of a mess than it's worth, & only an inch or 2 is loose.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
JefferyC
JefferyC is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Headliner drooping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck318 View Post
My front drivers side headliner had become lose about a year ago at the windshield edge only, & now I'm noting the passengers side is going the same way. Seems to sag more in colder/humid weather meaning I'm going to wait if it finally ever warms up to attempt anything.

Since this is on the edge, I would imagine this happened to others as well, anyone suggest a glue to rub on, getting the spray can up there may present more of a mess than it's worth, & only an inch or 2 is loose.
I used cloth glue. Painted backer lightly with brush. Credit card used to work cloth to edge. Kind of like doing wall paper. Came out good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JefferyC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JefferyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JefferyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Had the same issue in the same places - used a glue stick like kids use in school. It was my wife's idea and honestly I didn't think it would work.

That said - haven't had to re-do it in 2 years so I'm thinking it was a good idea. Cheap and easy to apply.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:42 PM   #4
Bismarck318

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

Interesting thought on both the Glue stick & the Credit Card seems like a good way to stretch it out...

Was the Glue stick a water base? I had one a few years back that was like an adhesive but it had a bit of grease base to it.

Its still not getting out of the mid 40's here so I have a ways to go on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2018, 08:26 PM   #5
RGRG68
RGRG68 is a jewel in the roughRGRG68 is a jewel in the roughRGRG68 is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Interesting thought on both the Glue stick & the Credit Card seems like a good way to stretch it out...

Was the Glue stick a water base? I had one a few years back that was like an adhesive but it had a bit of grease base to it.

My brother used a glue stick. elmers believe it or not.. He had to get the glue crumbs off firts as they were causing it to muck-up when applying.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RGRG68's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RGRG68 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RGRG68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
stbvue
stbvue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Had same problem. tried the spray 3m fabric. Did not last long!

I dont mind things that go bump in the night as long as they arent in my VUE!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stbvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stbvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stbvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:

Staples brand - originally bought for kids in school. Not sure what base.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #8
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by john95SW2 View Post
Staples brand - originally bought for kids in school. Not sure what base.
Has to be a non toxic water base.. I have the "purple dries clear" stuff now but I should test it first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRG68 View Post
My brother used a glue stick. elmers believe it or not.. He had to get the glue crumbs off firts as they were causing it to muck-up when applying.
Think the purple stuff is Elmers.

The 3M spray can be a mess!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Go to your local fabric shop and for fabric glue. It will survive washing and works quite well. Had to use it on both of my Vues several years ago and it is still holding. One word of caution, it may cost you more if your wife goes there with you. (Speak from experience)

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #10
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerec130 View Post
Go to your local fabric shop and for fabric glue. It will survive washing and works quite well. Had to use it on both of my Vues several years ago and it is still holding. One word of caution, it may cost you more if your wife goes there with you. (Speak from experience)

Homer
No wife or GF, no problem!

Thanks all for the insight I may experiment since I have 2 sides to fix.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
Bismarck318

2006 VUE 3.5L

Stick worked the best, roll out toward windshield with a credit card. Nearly 2 years & holding.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!