SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
doodles
doodles is on a distinguished road

Default saturn transmission

Will a 2001 Saturn L100 transmission fit in a 2001 L200 transmission

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to doodles's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help doodles reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2018, 01:17 AM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: saturn transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodles View Post
Will a 2001 Saturn L100 transmission fit in a 2001 L200 transmission
Welcome to SaturnFans, doodles! Your question is oddly worded. As written, you're asking if one transmission will fit into another one. I don't believe that's what you intended to ask, so I will reword your question:

will the transmission from a 2001 Saturn L100 replace the transmission from an L200 of the same model year? In a word, yes.

There was only one automatic and one manual transmission for all L-Series cars with the four cylinder engine, although according to the GM cataloging there are different part numbers for the '03 and '04 automatic transmissions. Manual transmissions were supposedly discontinued in after '03.

So what is it that you are considering for one of the L-Series cars you've referred to?

284,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 03-23-2018 at 01:29 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
doodles

well i have a saturn l200 with a automatic transmission it kinda shifts bad some times not like mostly in reverse it has 200000k miles with the stock parts so i wanted to know if the L100 has inter change able parts so i can save a few hundred buck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help doodles reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I'm all for saving money on repairs so I'm with you.

Questions:
1) Does this "bad" shifting occur with a certain regularity, or predictability?
2) Does it happen intermittently so that you don't know when it will happen again?
3) What do you feel, or hear - if anything - when the bad shifting takes place?
4) What is the maintenance history for your L200's transmission?

(The transmission on my car hasn't had any internal hardware replaced. The only work done has been the required fluid changes.)

284,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
doodles

it happen intermittently and kinda a clunk sound and i dont think in it has been fluid changed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!