SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Sadmoto
Sadmoto is on a distinguished road

Default Need advice to adjusting headlights!

Hey Saturn fans, I've come to this wealth of knowledge for learning about my saturn sc2 02 and I am back with a thread in need of some help!

I just recently took the risk of getting new headlight assemblies from amazon and I'm wondering if got some user error going on putting them in or or if the headlights i got aren't correct for my car even though it fits.

It didn't have the best reviews but I wanted to give it a shot either way, worst case i return them and put my old ones in.

The headlights came from amazon shipped by akkon, I've seen the same model and brand at Wal-Mart with good reviews so I took the chance even though they weren't good on amazon.

I put in the new headlight globes but if I set it so it fits correctly and screws in the level bobber is pointed all the way down and so are my low beams, but.my high beans are not low, weird....

I have NOT adjusted the headlights yet because I was unsure of adjusting them when it's not level and make it worse. I just mounted them onto the car and put my bulbs in.

I wanted to ask you guys first on what I should do, I got 5hrs before I gotta drive in the dark with them, I was going to attempting using the vertical adjust before leaving to see if it helps, but I wanted your opinions first

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sadmoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sadmoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sadmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Need advice to adjusting headlights!

I'd find some local business with a clapboard style side that you can park ~25t away from and line up the hot-spots roughly 2" below the "source" height and 1.5ft apart on the wall. Screw whatever the level bubble says.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #3
Sadmoto

Alright screwin the bubble and will adjust the vertical control and see what happens, will update in about 3hrs when I get the chance to adjust them when I'm out of work

I can park and point at a flat cargo container a.k.a storage shed and should be able to adjust with that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Sadmoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2

Any solid wall, that is capable of reflecting the light beams should get you close to where you will need to have them adjusted to.

I used my garage, at night, and then took the car for a drive on back roads with little to no traffic. Even after you adjust them, you will see that they may still be "off" once you are driving.

Light refracts, or bends, when it hit moisture(such as rain/snow) and will become distorted when you are in motion.

So, make sure to take a few test drives and make small adjustments until they are aimed where you can comfortably see the road at varying speeds. Don't expect to get them perfectly aimed, because that is nearly impossible and relative to each individual driver.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
Sadmoto

Thanks for the advice!
I was able to adjust my driver side easy and got that side to where it should be almost on the first adjust but when I tried to adjust my passenger side I noticed the bar that supposed to move the headlight up and down when you twist the the adjust the bar just spins in place and won't move AT ALL so I guess I'm going to return and get a new pair. I don't want my car to have a lazy eye!

What is a suggested brand that might be worth looking at instead of amazon for headlight globes when I turn these in? I don't really want to go through this again and return another pair.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234011

Here is a link to a thread, by a new member: Casper50

He has links to both Ebay and part #'s of the LED bulbs he used and he posted thumbnail photos of his 2001 SC1.

2000-2002 Saturn SC1/2 headlamp assemblies are interchangeable, to my knowledge.

You can cross reference a used part interchange, by searching for stock headlamps at : www.car-part.com

Note, the stock plastic globes typically have lots of fade amd wear, which require them to be polished back to O.E. specification. I would us it ONLY for the interchange information, at this point.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote