SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2
Default Are these plastic clips still in use?

Bought the car new so I know that no prior owner has removed these and neglected to put them back 1996 SW2

I'm missing 3 ...all in the rear of the car. I'm, *guessing* that since that end of the car is parked, always exposed to the afternoon sun, that the heat had shrunk and/or destroyed the clips.

My thinking is that, since the sun's heat and rays eventually destroyed the fluorescence off my back license plate that it was probably hot enough to have adverse effects to a few plastic clips in the west facing end of the vehicle.

One clip holds down a piece of "flashing" at the back bumper level right inside the SW2 liftgate. It's still in there but it has shrunk, is loose and I've got a towel wedged, in there, to absorb the rattle until I find another clip.

At the top of the rear window is the middle stop light. On the inside of the window, covering the light housing, is a "cowling" that is usually held in place by two clips of some type. Those are completely gone. I have material placed between the cowling and the piece it abuts to in order to absorb that rattle.

Without going to pick-n-pull, are these common items that are used in contemporary car builds?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister_Cee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister_Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
Sid
Advanced Member
Sid will become famous soon enough

1996 SW2
Default Re: Are these plastic clips still in use?

Sorry Mr_Cee. I can't find the plastic clips you're describing. Are they under trim pieces?

96 SW2 5MT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver is a glorious beacon of lightMacgyver is a glorious beacon of lightMacgyver is a glorious beacon of lightMacgyver is a glorious beacon of lightMacgyver is a glorious beacon of lightMacgyver is a glorious beacon of light

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

A picture would really clear things up here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Macgyver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Macgyver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
Mister_Cee
Mister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the roughMister_Cee is a jewel in the rough

1996 SW2

Sorry about the no pictures. I'm a holdout to flip phones, this desktop doesn't have a card reader for the camera . I'll see if I can take some photos, put the memory card into a netbook I have and transfer them to USB which I ought to be able to put one here though this computer. Talk about a Rube Goldberg set-up lol

Will be back with some results shortly

Thanks for your patience

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mister_Cee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2018, 01:46 AM   #5
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

Do I have to have a photo account somewhere to post photos or can I post from the copies I put on to a thumb drive?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2018, 02:09 AM   #6
Mister_Cee

1996 SW2

Sorry guys...I can't get these images to transfer over. Thanks anyhow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Rear bumper parts linky 1
https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...riveLine=11504

Rear bumper parts linky 2

Fake trunk lid hardware linky 1

Fake trunk lid hardware linky 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #8
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Cee View Post
Sorry guys...I can't get these images to transfer over. Thanks anyhow
You can upload from your thumb drive - when you are replying, scroll down past the "Submit Reply" button - look for the "Manage Attachments" button.

Click that and you get a new window for finding the picture on the thumb drive. Double click on your picture and upload - may have to wait for a second or two for the upload before closing the upload window. When you post by hitting the "Submit Reply" button, your pic should be attached.

I followed the above to attach a screen capture with the "Submit Reply" button circled.

My wife refuses to give up her flip phone. She hates little screens with a passion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (102.3 KB, 6 views)

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote