SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
eusjma
eusjma is on a distinguished road

Default Tire Recommendation - 2007 Saturn Aura XR

I'm sure this has been discussed many-a-time. Some of the threads I found were several years old.

I'm in the market for new tires. I would like something that is quiet, durable and has good wet traffic (as well as good normal traction of course).

Just curious what tires you guys are happy with.

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eusjma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eusjma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eusjma is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
eusjma
eusjma is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Tire Recommendation - 2007 Saturn Aura XR

Well - we went with the FalkenPro Touring A/S 225 /50 R18 tires at Discount Tire.

Chose these because the got a good rating (supposedly) and for price.

Hoping for the best

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eusjma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eusjma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eusjma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE

I bought a set of General AltiMAX RT43 for my XE. Been happy with them. Ran them the past 2 Canadian winters and they never let me down. Pretty impressive traction and grip for an all season tire. They are wearing very well and have a good tread wear warranty. They have a couple of features I've never seen on other tires...when new there are indicators that are designed to tell you if you need an alignment, if they wear off evenly in the first couple of hundred miles you don't need an alignment. When the tire is worn out the word replace appear in the center.
The Tire Rack did a review on them. I bought them at Walmart for the free rotation every 10,000km and repair. They patched one for me that got a screw in it.
http://generaltire.com/tires/passeng...n/altimax-rt43
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=215

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

Last edited by imaddicted2u; 03-02-2018 at 02:38 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:42 AM   #4
mmtphoto
mmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the roughmmtphoto is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR

Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 235/50-18, love these tires, great grip and wear, quiet, changed the personality of the car (it had Goodyear RSA which were awful), expensive but I looked around and got a great deal online.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mmtphoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mmtphoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mmtphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Brak
Brak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura aboutBrak has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

Put Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring on my XE last year. No complaints. Used Goodyear card got $160 rebate and free tire rotations for life of tires.
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ortred-touring

2009 Aura XE Auto 2.4L Jewel Red. 87k miles
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Brak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Brak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Brak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #6
Colins9
Colins9 is on a distinguished road

2000 ION-1 Sedan
2002 AURA XR

Thank you for sharing this information)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Colins9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Colins9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Colins9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #7
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XR
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaddicted2u View Post
I bought a set of General AltiMAX RT43 for my XE. Been happy with them. Ran them the past 2 Canadian winters and they never let me down. Pretty impressive traction and grip for an all season tire. They are wearing very well and have a good tread wear warranty. They have a couple of features I've never seen on other tires...when new there are indicators that are designed to tell you if you need an alignment, if they wear off evenly in the first couple of hundred miles you don't need an alignment. When the tire is worn out the word replace appear in the center.
The Tire Rack did a review on them. I bought them at Walmart for the free rotation every 10,000km and repair. They patched one for me that got a screw in it.
http://generaltire.com/tires/passeng...n/altimax-rt43
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=215
I'm a big fan of those tires. I've had 4 sets of them on various cars. And when my Aura needs tires, I'll use them again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2 Ride's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2 Ride reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
SL2 Ride
SL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura aboutSL2 Ride has a spectacular aura about

2009 AURA XR
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL2 Ride View Post
I'm a big fan of those tires. I've had 4 sets of them on various cars. And when my Aura needs tires, I'll use them again.
I should add that they are terrific in both snow and rain, which makes them a go-to tire for me.
I put a set on my daughter's Buick, an SL1 and SL2, and my Vue.
The set on my Aura should make it through summer, then i'll put an Altimax set on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2 Ride's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2 Ride reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL2 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote