SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Gunz.jones
Gunz.jones is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Question Speaker Upgrades

I just bought a 2004 Vue and it has the 6 speaker setup with base cd player. I am looking at replacing the speakers only because I have found one that has gone out and would prefer to just get them all done at once. Does the factory audio wiring include a crossover somewhere in line with the tweeters and front speakers? I know it makes sense that they should, but I am looking for someone who might have already dug into it. I don't want to go overboard, but I also want to make the right choices and do this only once.

Also, the area behind the shifter is missing in mine. Looking at pictures, there was a factory pocket or area for the seat heater switch maybe. Anyone know where to get that? I don't like being able to see the shifter rods or having any of that exposed if possible.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gunz.jones's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gunz.jones reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gunz.jones is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
oldmanina2005vu
oldmanina2005vu will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Speaker Upgrades

Your info doesn't give your location but most major metropolitan areas have pull and pay junkyards.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oldmanina2005vu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oldmanina2005vu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oldmanina2005vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #3
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz.jones View Post
I just bought a 2004 Vue and it has the 6 speaker setup with base cd player. I am looking at replacing the speakers only because I have found one that has gone out and would prefer to just get them all done at once. Does the factory audio wiring include a crossover somewhere in line with the tweeters and front speakers? I know it makes sense that they should, but I am looking for someone who might have already dug into it. I don't want to go overboard, but I also want to make the right choices and do this only once.

Also, the area behind the shifter is missing in mine. Looking at pictures, there was a factory pocket or area for the seat heater switch maybe. Anyone know where to get that? I don't like being able to see the shifter rods or having any of that exposed if possible.
No, a crossover is not used with the factory speakers. There is a capacitor attached to each tweeter behind the connector which functions as a high-pass filter, but that's it. There's nothing you'd need to worry about after removing the factory speakers.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 178K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 185K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #4
Gunz.jones

2004 VUE 2.2L

Thanks, that helps narrow down things to look into buying. I'm in Athens, TX which is about 100 miles from Dallas area.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Gunz.jones reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #5
oldmanina2005vu

2005 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line

I think that little map pocket is the same on all 2002 to 2007 Vues. Next time I am at the pull and pay I will get one and mail it to you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help oldmanina2005vu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
Gunz.jones

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanina2005vu View Post
I think that little map pocket is the same on all 2002 to 2007 Vues. Next time I am at the pull and pay I will get one and mail it to you.
That's awesome. Thank you. I'll keep an eye out around here. I know it's much colder there than here, but between the rain and cold it's been difficult to do much. It's also how I ended up with the Vue to replace my 98 mustang.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
Gunz.jones

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunz.jones View Post
That's awesome. Thank you. I'll keep an eye out around here. I know it's much colder there than here, but between the rain and cold it's been difficult to do much. It's also how I ended up with the Vue to replace my 98 mustang.
I found a map pocket on ebay a few hours after I replied to this post. One step closer to getting it back to factory looking on the inside. Next is the map light in the roof, someone put a screw through it to hold it up and the push to turn on doesn't work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #8
oldmanina2005vu

2005 VUE 2.2L
2008 SKY Red Line

Too bad I picked one up today and was just about to send you a PM to get your address. I was going to send it gratis but I guess not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #9
Gunz.jones

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanina2005vu View Post
Too bad I picked one up today and was just about to send you a PM to get your address. I was going to send it gratis but I guess not.
Sorry about that. Didn't think you'd find something that fast, or that I would. If you'd like, I could send you a few bucks on Friday and you could ship it out for your trouble. I may be upgrading to a stereo to that has a USB outlet that comes out the and modify the pocket for that. Would be good to have a backup . I definitely don't mean to take advantage of the kindness you showed in the search for it and don't want you to feel sleighted in any way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!