SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2018, 01:30 AM   #1
daftmau5555
daftmau5555 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default 1998 Saturn SL2 Daytime Running Lights (DRLS) not working

I have a 1998 Saturn SL2 Automatic and the daytime running lights (DRLS) are currently out. They were working when I first bought the car and that was the only light on the dash. I would occasionally drive it around my yard for a little bit until the battery died but other than that, it sat for about a year as I did not yet have the money to get it on the road. When I got the money to put it on the road, I got a new battery as the old one was dead. When I changed the battery, the daytime running lights stopped working and the indicator was off and the brake light came on. Both my high beams work fine so it is probably not the bulbs. I know the parking brake and the DRLs are related in some way and I remember pulling the parking brake while the battery was dead at one point (I wish I had not done that). Could this be the reason they don't work anymore? Will I have to replace the whole parking brake? I know in the fuse box, there is a drl module and I'm wondering if I replace that, the issue will be resolved. Any advice is appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daftmau5555's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daftmau5555 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daftmau5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: 1998 Saturn SL2 Daytime Running Lights (DRLS) not working

If the BRAKE light is on because the parking brake sensor thinks the parking brake is engaged then the DRL's will stay off.

I believe you have to remove the center console to get to it, pull the cupholders out (not too far, the bulb is on a short leash) then there's a bolt on either side footwell and 2 in the rear section of the console. Most of the time they're 7mm hex head bolts, but sometimes they're Torx (T10? not sure size).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
daftmau5555
daftmau5555 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default Re: 1998 Saturn SL2 Daytime Running Lights (DRLS) not working

Yes! It'a red brake light. That's probably the issue. When I get a chance, I will try to remove the center console. Thank you so much! I will let you know if that resolves the issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daftmau5555's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daftmau5555 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daftmau5555 is offline   Reply With Quote