SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
Saturn072014
Saturn072014 is on a distinguished road

Default Wheel speed sensor issues code c0035

Been trying to diagnose a ABS warning light issue for over a year now. Best I can remember it started out as an intermittent issue once in a while and has now progressed to the ABS light on all the time.I also get a
'Service Stabilitrak on the information screen along with "Service Traction Control" there is also an Icon warning light for traction and one for traction off I guess.

I removed and cleaned the Front Left Wheel speed sensor quite a few months ago but it did not help. In the last week or two I have replaced the sensor and the next wire leg upstream to no avail.

I have hooked up a volt meter and checked the DC voltage while driving the Vue and voltage does not drop out when the brake light warning comes on. I removed the wheel hub and the bearings does not seem to have any slop in them. Looked at every tooth on the inner bearing where the sensor goes and cannot find anything that looks bad.
At the current time a sharp right turn at about 20 miles an hour seems to cause the brake light to go out some times. Does not usually stay out long however if you do much turning after that.

Measured hole in hub depth where sensor goes at 0.738 inches measured new and old sensor depth to be 0.731 inches. Have not seen info on what those dimensions should be.

There seems to be subsets of the Code C0035 the auto parts store read the code but it did not specify the extra subset number however the description said "erratic" which would equal the C0035 0F subset.

Running out of ideas. Do you have any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn072014's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn072014 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn072014 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Saturn072014

Default Re: Wheel speed sensor issues code c0035

Update: I tried a few different things since the last time. Looks like I may have 2 different issues.
Tried shimming the wheel sensor. First I used a piece of sandpaper about .010 thick I didn't seem to make much difference then I took a piece of a box and shimmed it about .020 thick and that didn't seem to make much difference.
Finally I decided to buy a new wheel bearing and try that after installing the wheel bearing the ABS light went out but the brake light is still on intermittently.
Every time the brake light comes on it Chimes a bunch of times does anyone know what the Chimes mean? I am beginning to think it may just be a low brake fluid level although I checked it earlier on and it looked about s full. Also parking brake switch is apparently a possibility. I cant seem to find a definitive answer on whether both issues will cause a chime or only the parking brake cause a chime.

2009 XE 2.4 Saturn Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn072014 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2018, 07:46 AM   #3
Saturn072014

Update #2: Checked brake fluid level again it was about 1/4" above minimum mark. Looks like there is a little over an inch from Min to Max range. Filled up to just under Max went for test drive and brake light warning never came on. Also I noticed while looking at the brake reservoir that the brake fluid level switch is on the left hand side so that when you make a right hand turn it would force the fluid higher up on the switch. By the way does anyone know how the switch actually works?

So in recap all the time I was messing with the Wheel speed sensors and thinking the intermittent brake light warning was some how related it apparently was just a coincidence. 2nd even though the wheel bearing hub felt fine it had some issue with it either having slop under load or the toothed ring for the Wheel speed sensor had gone defective.

Hopefully my grief will save you some if you have similar issues.

2009 XE 2.4 Saturn Vue.

Last edited by Saturn072014; 02-02-2018 at 07:59 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
rolf
rolf is on a distinguished road

Are you talking about the red BRAKE light on the dash? If so have you checked your park/emergency brake? My Vue is on a lever between the seats. I'm not sure if they moved it anywhere but I know on other vehicles people have chased similar issues to find out the lever and or pedal for the park/emergency brake was just barely engaged. Not enough to engage the actual brake but instead just caused the light to kick on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:35 AM   #5
Saturn072014

Thats the light I'm talking about. I talked about parking brake switch in the first update maybe you missed it.

2009 XE 2.4 Saturn Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
rolf

I see it in your second post now, sorry. Have you messed with it at all? there should just be a switch or a single wire that grounds out on the park brake to kick the light on. Is yours still a lever or is it a foot brake by the door under the dash?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #7
Saturn072014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf View Post
I see it in your second post now, sorry. Have you messed with it at all? there should just be a switch or a single wire that grounds out on the park brake to kick the light on. Is yours still a lever or is it a foot brake by the door under the dash?
It is a lever between the seats. The issue was the brake fluid level was low. I just needed to add more brake fluid.

2009 XE 2.4 Saturn Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-02-2018, 05:27 PM   #8
rolf

You should have your brakes inspected then. That is usually a good indication it may be time to change them. Not always but usually.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rolf's Reputation