SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
JJF65
JJF65 is on a distinguished road

Default 2006 Saturn Ion no Power in 1st and 2nd manual transmission

I have a 2006 Saturn ion 5 speed manual transmission 2.2 engine. My problems started when I had a sunroof leak which I believe shorted out something in the electrical system because Iíve lost all power to the radio. Key would not start car changed ignition switch didnít fix the problem. Changed crankshaft sensor, mass flow sensor, ran fine for 30 minutes then lost power in 1st and 2nd gear, motor runs smooth and 3rd, 4th, and 5th have correct power, very weak power in 1st and 2nd. Help!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JJF65's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JJF65 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JJF65 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2006 Saturn Ion no Power in 1st and 2nd manual transmission

You've mistakenly posted in the L-series Tech forums and should repost in the Ion Tech forums where Ion members may offer help.

In the meantime, you may be describing several problems with conflicting symptoms. In the first place, a manual xmission rarely loses power in certain gears while other gears are fine. Manual xmissions are 100% mechanical gears with specific gear ratios for each gear speed. You're probably describing an engine problem that's affecting how the manual xmission feels.

What's mileage of this car, maintenance done, parts replaced? Post everything in the Ion Tech forums and let this thread die off on its own. With one moderator/owner, it may take a day or more to ask for thread deletion.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote