SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
aerial_22
aerial_22 has a spectacular aura aboutaerial_22 has a spectacular aura about

2007 VUE 2.2L
Question Location of Upstream O2 Sensor 2007 VUE

Can anyone let me know the location for the upstream O2 sensor on a 2007 VUE with the 2.2 4-cylinder engine? I assume that it's located somewhere before the catalytic convertor. Is this in a location that would be easy to replace myself? My check engine light is on due to this sensor, and I can tell it's affecting the engine performance as the fuel mileage has really dropped off as well as the idle. Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aerial_22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aerial_22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aerial_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Location of Upstream O2 Sensor 2007 VUE

Take a look at the parts breakdown page and look for items 35 and 36. I'm not sure why you have two 02 sensors which are pre-catalytic converter, but it's apparently so. Hopefully, you will find this useful. Look for the sensor to be in the lower end of the exhaust manifold, and above where it connects with the catalytic converter.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...rimLevel=25358

The upstream (pre-catalytic coverter) O2 sensor for the L-Series cars with the same engine is relatively easy to access. Be sure to use an O2 sensor socket to protect the wires unless you think that using a boxed end wrench is adequate. It would be best to attempt removal while the engine is cold and be sure to give the sensor a small twist to tighten it, then go the other way and remove it. This will make loosening the sensor easier although it is seemingly counter-intuitive.

286,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #3
aerial_22

2007 VUE 2.2L

Thanks! That is a little strange to have two upstream O2 sensors. I will need to figure out which is giving me the error. Both have 235,000 miles on them, so it might be worth replacing them both. I had the downstream sensor replaced last year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help aerial_22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:13 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

It seemed odd to me that the OE cataloging showed to different O2 sensors in the upstream position. Nevertheless, I saw the same information on another favorite OE GM parts website so I doubt that both websites are wrong. Since I don't own a VUE and haven't seen what the layout of the engine is under the hood, I just have to go with with I can read. Happily, you will be able to see it all and report back on it!

286,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
Beasleylou
Beasleylou is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L

Pre-CAT sensor is on the top of the exhaust manifold between the engine and the firewall slightly left of center when facing the firewall. You access it from the top with a special socket that has a slot for the wire. The post CAT sensor is accessed from below.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beasleylou's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beasleylou reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Beasleylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #6
aerial_22

2007 VUE 2.2L

Thanks for the information! I was able to find this nice guide online for a 2005 VUE with the same engine as my 2007. Parts have been ordered so I will be able to replace this first thing next week. Here is the link for future reference.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...turn-VUE-22-L/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-22-2018, 05:43 PM   #7
aerial_22

2007 VUE 2.2L

Well the procedure in the link I posted was pretty spot on. The only thing it didn't mention was you needed to remove the heat shield to be able to access the O2 sensor. That involved removing 3 bolts and took about 5 minutes. The old sensor had seen it's better days, and I can understand why my check engine light periodically came on, why my idle was rough, and why my fuel mileage had diminished. Here is a picture of the old sensor, and the new sensor installed. I forgot to get a picture of the new sensor before I installed it, but I went with a Bosch part that was a much better design, and came with anti-seize out of the box. I have linked the part number for it and the wrench I ordered below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180122_155016.jpg (59.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20180122_155022.jpg (55.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20180122_155204.jpg (93.5 KB, 5 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!