SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
gerald.jones77
gerald.jones77 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
Default Saturn Fuel Pump and Line Replacements

Model: Saturn 1998 sl2 auto

my car started having intermittent stalling which rapidly got worse, changed crank sensor and coil pack. So, I started taking out fuel pump, the fuel pump had different fittings on the arms so I took it back and also, I broke one of the plastic elbows on the fuel line right where it joins with the fuel filter. I'm reading I have to replace whole fuel line but I'm also seeing that the piece can be replaced. It's just a small plastic elbow, i don't see why I can't just take it out and fit a new one in,and also, I need the connector from the gass filler neck to the gas tank, does anyone know where to buy these? so...
Problems: 1. Fuel pump with different attachements than the one that I'm taking out.
2. the broken elbow on the fuel line.
3. the connector fitting, right at the end of the gas filler neck, where can I buy it? Thank you for all responses.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gerald.jones77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gerald.jones77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gerald.jones77 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Saturn Fuel Pump and Line Replacements

Whereabouts do you live?

Have you visited your local autoparts stores? NAPA might have something.

Unless someone here has something spare on their garage shelf, otherwise, visit a JY.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
gerald.jones77

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toggenburg View Post
Whereabouts do you live?

Have you visited your local autoparts stores? NAPA might have something.

Unless someone here has something spare on their garage shelf, otherwise, visit a JY.
i'm in seattle, i've thought about jy but then i'd have to take the parts off. a connector shouldn't be too expensive and i have a different pump on the way as well as a fuel filter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gerald.jones77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Fuel system with blown up diagram and part numbers, if it's something still supplied there's a price as well: https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...riveLine=11480

If it's just nipples/connectors you need...goto the local hardware store with the pipe size and get a few brass ones as well as a few clamps. If it's the hard plastic line then you'll have a heck of a time getting the old connector out and the new connector in without destroying it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
gerald.jones77

1998 SL2

If it's just nipples/connectors you need...goto the local hardware store with the pipe size and get a few brass ones as well as a few clamps. If it's the hard plastic line then you'll have a heck of a time getting the old connector out and the new connector in without destroying it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen vids online use boiling water and/or hairdryer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!