SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 02:25 AM   #1
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Dizzy Changed my fuel filter...am I becoming a metro-sexual??

Am I becoming a metro-sexual? Am I too sensitive?? These are troubling questions indeed. Why do I ask them? Read on...

Following the replacement of the left front wheel bearing and hub I continued to notice some drag during acceleration, generally, and a bit more strongly at regular freeway speeds along with delayed transmission shifting. Having decided on the most likely culprit for this degradation of the powertrain performance, I ordered up an AC Delco #25319686 fuel filter since my longest lasting one was the factory original which was replaced at about 82K miles. All others had been WIX brand typically lasting 40K to 50K miles. Four were installed, to the best of my memory, between the first replacement and the most recent one which was changed last night.

Sure enough, the fresh fuel filter brought back a better throttle response and shifting improved as well. Thinking about this it dawns upon me that I've become very sensitive to these changes in my car; changes that many people would not pick up on as "easily" as I do. I began to wonder, have I become the automotive DIYer equivalent of the dreaded Metro-sexual?! Yikes, it can't be...it just can't be!!

Well, my fears were allayed today as I was doing some window shopping at a large mall. Wouldn't you know it, I actually saw some metro-sexuals walking about in this place. Wow...this was really weird!! After seeing them "up close" I realized that I could comfort myself with the knowledge that my automotive sensitivity had not turned me into the milk-toast men that I was seeing. Whew!! What a relief...

Now, you may ask, "how do you know what a metro-sexual looks like?" It's just one of those things where you know one when you see one!

280,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 01-18-2018 at 02:33 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links