SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
Glasact
Glasact is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Should I trade-In or Sell?

Getting a new car for my wife. (Probably a 2017 Buick Regal Leather) She loves her 2002 L-200 with sunroof and it still looks like a new car. Knowing what a dealer will probably offer for her Saturn, should I try and sell it myself, or just take whatever they offer? I have upgraded the factory radio with Bluetooth unit from Clarion along with Alpine speakers and added Homelink transmitter in the overhead console. It almost has 54,000 miles and was never driven in winter until three years ago. It has (4) new rotors with low dusting pads and new tires too. The only spot on the exterior is a scratch on the rear bumper from garage door. Interior is perfect. What should I ask if I decide to sell it myself?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Glasact's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Glasact reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Glasact is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: Should I trade-In or Sell?

KBB low balls that car for about $2600.....whereas a dealer by me is asking $4k with almost 244,000 miles on it. I would try to sell myself and might use the "ISEECARS.COM" site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #3
soulsurvives
soulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to allsoulsurvives is a name known to all

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Dealer might give you 500-1000. Sell it yourself...I would put it up for 4k and go from there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to soulsurvives's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help soulsurvives reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
soulsurvives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 SL2

I would get the dealer to give you a trade in value of the Satty against the new car. Then if the offer is low ball, sell it privately. You then ask him what the sale price of the new car is without the trade in and that will give you some numbers to negotiate him down.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Edmund is the one that you want see the value of your Saturn that would be the closet to what you should expect to get value wise for the Saturn. I use Edmund online and that gives a close to what your expecting value. Then you can use that to see what you want to do then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #6
Glasact
Glasact is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

The dealer and I could not agree on the trade-in value on the Saturn, so I'm gonna try and sell her myself this spring. Hard to believe I will soon be down to just one Saturn in the stable. This is the first time in 24 years my wife will not be driving a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Glasact's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Glasact reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Glasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #7
GTS350
GTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2

If you have CarMax in your area you might give them a try. I have a friends who has sold 4 cars to them. It's quick, easy, no pressure. They give you a week to accept the offer.

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #8
02 LW300
02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about02 LW300 has a spectacular aura about

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I bet your wife will love the Regal. Since the L series is an Opel Vectra and the Regal is an Opel Insigna. In fact the Insigna replaced the Vectra line for GM Europe. She will feel right at home, enjoy.

2002 L200/5 loaded, loving my stick shift car, now if I can only quit hitting deer. I have hit two this year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 LW300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 LW300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 LW300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #9
bromli
bromli is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Youre better off trying to sell it. A dealer will hit you with a low offer because they don't want the car at all and they will probably junk it or send it to auction. With a dealer, youre essentially adding a middleman to you getting rid of the car. He takes it off your hands for you, but that comes with a cost (or rather, a huge lack of resale value).

Id say sell it firsthand. List it for 3-4k and let it work itself down. I'm sure someone out there can appreciate a good, low mileage car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bromli's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bromli reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bromli is offline   Reply With Quote