SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Abs codes

Had tech checks my abs codes
03 v6, fwd
I replaced RF wheel bearing this summer
Tech said I had codes for RF and LR and "data" code?
He cleared codes and RF is gone.
Would my never clearing code after RF bearing job makes sense?
Or would RF code go away after 3-4 months driving?
He said LR code is current. Short? Broke wire? Bad sensor?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Abs codes

If RF and LR error codes were found, what codes were displayed? Your mechanic decoding them should be able to tell you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #3
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

The tech is a friend who has shop and he a quick read to see what/where my codes were. My main point was, should my RF code have cleared after I changed the wheel bearing last summer after X driving cycles? I changed bearing due to noise. We have had abs light for 3 yrs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

When the abs light remains on, there may be one or more error codes stored for retrieval by a reader capable of decoding abs codes. If you have two errors and only one was corrected, the remaining error code that isn't corrected still means the abs light remains ON until the last error fault is repaired.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #5
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

so i had 2 codes. i never knew that. as i never had the codes scanned. i replaced rf wheel bearing for noise and it also had a code for something. that corner is fixed now as there are no codes current.
if scanner says there is an issue with LR than that means i have 4 wheels abs or at least 4 wheel speed sensors? i would have to crawl under vue and look to see if there are any wires. its kids vue who lives elsewhere

Last edited by Cavell; 01-14-2018 at 11:02 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Yes, four wheel ABS, four wheel speed sensors, four sets of wires and four reluctors. Most generic readers cannot read abs codes. AutoZone recently upgraded their readers to have abs capability. GM and other car manufacturers always had their readers/scantools capable of reading every code from each module; PCM, ECM, TCM, abs/tc, OnStar, BCM, radio, etc. Generic readers always meant reading only engine (ECM/PCM) codes. We'd have to pay more to have more reader capability. Separate abs readers are available too if anyone wants to buy them. Readers are continually upgraded when demands dictate what the public wants so readers are available to decode abs errors for home users.

Last edited by fdryer; 01-14-2018 at 11:49 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!