SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
xpip4000x
xpip4000x is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1
Default 97 sl1 cruise control constant accelleration.

hi just joined the forums and i have a question i have previously not been able to find an answer to. i have a 97 SL1 manual and when i set the cruise control it wants to constantly accelerate. i have replaced the steering wheel switch and it changed nothing. the indicator light comes on and the coast button works but shortly after pressing it the cruise wants to jump to hyperspace again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xpip4000x's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xpip4000x reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xpip4000x is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: 97 sl1 cruise control constant accelleration.

Replace the module down on the right side of the steering column, 96-02 will all swap fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-mpGDjmMLk Pedal link remove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUgba5xxnA Module remove/replace

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #3
xpip4000x

1997 SL1

thank you for the really fast response. i had suspected that was the faulty component because recently i was down there looking at the wiring harness condition while i had the radio removed and it all looked secure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help xpip4000x reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2018, 01:17 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

You can find these modules at the pick and pull yard or ebay. Be sure that you can send it back if bad. P&P will be the lowest cost in most cases.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
xpip4000x

1997 SL1

again thank you for the fast responses. the cruise module is gonna have to wait as my alternator died on me yesterday, i have the new one and a full set of engine mounts to install tomorrow along with the rattling heatshield to remove.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2018, 10:32 PM   #6
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Before removing the old alternator verify the new one looks like the old one. The difference between the 2 possible alternators is the presence or absence of a fan next to the pulley.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #7
xpip4000x

1997 SL1

i have verified that i have the 96 amp alternator through the vin and visually that it has an external fan using other threads on this forum. richpin helped alot too with organizing my tool list.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 AM   #8
OldNuc

1998 SC2

The richpin video onhow toget the alternator out and back in is very good to watch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!