SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
cgg17
cgg17 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1999 SL2
Default 95 Sl2

Hello all,
I have the whole interior of my 94 in the basement. I found a 1995 with the same seats and door panels, all manual options. Besides the console, dash, seatbelts, and A pillar trim is there anything different from a 94 and 95? The 95 has 162k on it but is inspected and manual trans. Same rims and paint too as my totaled one. I'm going to check it out Saturday, I'm amazed to see that there's one almost exactly the same as mine..
Thanks in advance, and thanks to those helping me cope with the loss of my 94.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cgg17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cgg17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cgg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
dummo
Master Member
dummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nice

1997 SW2
Default Re: 95 Sl2

Wishing you good fortune on your quest. I hope it turns out to be all you expect and more. After all, It’s a Saturn.

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Exterior is identical. Interior is the same from the doors back, not including what you mentioned.

Nobody actually wants the '91-'94 front belts anyway...at least not after the novelty of the moving belts wears off and you realize you have to wait an extra "beat" to get out or get decapitated (all the fun performance mod's I did to a '93 SL2 and the best mod was swapping the belts for proper ones from a '95 lol)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
Saturninin
Saturninin will become famous soon enough

2005 VUE 3.5L
1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
Exterior is identical. Interior is the same from the doors back, not including what you mentioned.

Nobody actually wants the '91-'94 front belts anyway...at least not after the novelty of the moving belts wears off and you realize you have to wait an extra "beat" to get out or get decapitated (all the fun performance mod's I did to a '93 SL2 and the best mod was swapping the belts for proper ones from a '95 lol)
Hey, speak for yourself, part of me for some reason loves the auto belts on my HCE, but to OP, seat belt buckles are the same from 91 to 98 so even though the 94 has the mouse belt and the 95 has the fixed belt it will just be a simple seat swap for and not need to change the buckles

Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Miles(k) 2013~15
94 HCE ~180
05 Vue 3.5 87~140
98 SL1 260~426
08 Outlook XE 20~160
95 SC2 ~128

Past
96 SW2, 98 SL2
160k+ 95 SL,98 SW2, 03 Vue-I4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg17 View Post
Hello all,
I have the whole interior of my 94 in the basement. I found a 1995 with the same seats and door panels, all manual options. Besides the console, dash, seatbelts, and A pillar trim is there anything different from a 94 and 95? The 95 has 162k on it but is inspected and manual trans. Same rims and paint too as my totaled one. I'm going to check it out Saturday, I'm amazed to see that there's one almost exactly the same as mine..
Thanks in advance, and thanks to those helping me cope with the loss of my 94.
The dash and interior of 1995 model years can be 2nd Gen, even in the SL models. I have seen at least one 1995 SL1, that had the 2nd Gen interior as my 1995 SC2. Be mindful of this, when comparing parts to swap. I am currently in possession of the starter motor of that 1995 SL1, as a tree fell on its roof at 76k miles, and it is sitting in a local boneyard.

Exteriors are identical.

You can cross reference part numbers and interchange, by using www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com , as it is a chevy dealer website from KY & contains GM parts diagrams.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Night View Post
The dash and interior of 1995 model years can be 2nd Gen
1995 was the first year of the updated cluster, dash and center console for every model. '96 SL and SW's got the full 2nd gen update while SC's got it in '97.

You won't like the mouse belts in the '91-'94's if you're a larger/heavier person and rip the stupid things off the car in a crash. The '95+ style use's a stronger part of the car to bolt to as well as larger bolts doing the...bolting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote