SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
09VUEXR
09VUEXR is on a distinguished road

Default 2009 Vue XR Stabilitrak issues

Just finished fixing that HVAC issue with the control modulator...All I did was remove the cabin filter, which wasn't too dirty.. as it seemed like something, some debris had jammed one of the doors ..so I removed cabin filter, let the system run open w/ glove box off, door open to the filter bezel...reset the system..fixed that..hey if you want more air flow in the interiro on a hot day, leave the cabin filter out..blow your hair back...Now hoever I have NEW issue w/ stabilitrak, TC Service message
Felt the car occasionally dragging after using the TC for the 1st time w/ the snow..Finally the brakes seemed to lock completely up...car wouldn't even coast in neutral..fortunately I was near home..limped in the drive way. The stabilitrack system showed on the gauges, OBD message "Service Traction Control"..Oh S%**)..Locked the car up for the night frustrated.again.
In the morning I started the car, it was fine, no dragging, nothing, dash messages still persisted.Looked at the brake reservoir found it to be close to fill line, topped it off. Unhooked the battery, hooked it back up, reset the defaults..bingo...no problem..go figure...seems that fixes the issue but that is darn strange as the reservoir wasn't "low" by any means..
Has anyone ever had an issue like this in their Vue XR..I mean the brakes were near full on to the point the car wouldn't roll down hill in neutral...Since topping off reservoir no issues..in fact my wife says the car runs better than ever..Any ideas..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 09VUEXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 09VUEXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
09VUEXR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
JefferyC
JefferyC is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2009 Vue XR Stabilitrak issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09VUEXR View Post
Just finished fixing that HVAC issue with the control modulator...All I did was remove the cabin filter, which wasn't too dirty.. as it seemed like something, some debris had jammed one of the doors ..so I removed cabin filter, let the system run open w/ glove box off, door open to the filter bezel...reset the system..fixed that..hey if you want more air flow in the interiro on a hot day, leave the cabin filter out..blow your hair back...Now hoever I have NEW issue w/ stabilitrak, TC Service message
Felt the car occasionally dragging after using the TC for the 1st time w/ the snow..Finally the brakes seemed to lock completely up...car wouldn't even coast in neutral..fortunately I was near home..limped in the drive way. The stabilitrack system showed on the gauges, OBD message "Service Traction Control"..Oh S%**)..Locked the car up for the night frustrated.again.
In the morning I started the car, it was fine, no dragging, nothing, dash messages still persisted.Looked at the brake reservoir found it to be close to fill line, topped it off. Unhooked the battery, hooked it back up, reset the defaults..bingo...no problem..go figure...seems that fixes the issue but that is darn strange as the reservoir wasn't "low" by any means..
Has anyone ever had an issue like this in their Vue XR..I mean the brakes were near full on to the point the car wouldn't roll down hill in neutral...Since topping off reservoir no issues..in fact my wife says the car runs better than ever..Any ideas..
No. Perform a brake flush.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JefferyC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JefferyC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JefferyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2009 Vue XR Stabilitrak issues

Did you pull the trouble code from it with a reader? While it wasn't a Vue, our Uplander would show that on the dash when a wheel speed sensor went bad. The code pointed to the problem and which wheel bearing needed to be replaced to fix the problem.

Just a guess though....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote