SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
WATurn
WATurn is on a distinguished road

Default My 02 3.0 AWD Vue

Toyo Open Country Tires
Raceline 16" wheels
Crossbars and roof rack
Bull bar with front fogs
LED light bar
Custom cold air intake
Custom Magnaflow exhaust, with 2.5" pipe and AeuroTurbine resonator
ZEX wet shot with 55 shot jets
Moog suspension parts
TYC tail lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn2.jpg (128.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg saturn1.jpg (122.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg saturn3.jpg (147.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg saturn6.jpg (181.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg saturn8.jpg (81.8 KB, 21 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WATurn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WATurn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WATurn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: My 02 3.0 AWD Vue

why? why? why? you do get a pat on back for effort though

having owned 3 3.0 vues i can say that.

i have no idea on durability of toyo trans
i would ask some toyo vue owners but there are none. ha ha

is honda 3.5 a better motor? is honda trans better than toyo?
uh, maybe the honda trans is bad? ask all the accord 3.0 V6 owners

why not get a 2004 with honda driveline?

i think the 3.0 has a dual runner intake for long/short paths
never really put much thought into the bits that control the airflow
why not adjust linkage so path is always short? would work great with nos

i think it is to get what little torque there is at low rpm and increase airflow
at higher rpm. 180hp? vs 250hp for honda? go for the cubes man

Last edited by Cavell; 12-17-2017 at 10:11 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cavell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
WATurn

Well, I needed something to get back and forth to work in, and this came up for $1850. It needed a few repairs, but when I joined the Vue FB page, I asked if there was any aftermarket parts for the 3.0. Everyone pointed to the K&N drop-in filter, and informed me that there wasn't really a way to make the 3.0 faster. It's been fun to tinker with, and I'm trying to find someone local with a 3.5 for a friendly race. Most people that see it/ride in it are impressed with it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help WATurn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Cavell
Cavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the roughCavell is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

but is it 15+ yrs old. how many miles? there are no "cheap" low mile 3.5 vues for sale. how is the rocker panel rust issue? are your rockers rust free? any holes? the rear trailing arm mounting point is a real weak spot as it gets the road spray thrown there and if rocker weakens than suspension can now move. not good

my last 03 3.0 vue had an ALL new exhaust thanks to former owner. till i fixed the bent valves and found out it had an oil fogging issue. bad rings? maybe thats why the cats failed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Cavell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
WATurn

It has 213k miles, currently. It has no rust at all, as I live in South Louisiana. It has a new transmission, head, plugs, coils, exhaust, brakes,evap solenoid and suspension. I've been through this thing pretty thoroughly.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

Huh? How do you have snow pics when you live in Louisiana?
Who paid for trans? Did u buy it for 1850 with new trans included?
Here I say Toyota trans are solid and you have a rebuilt one.
Ain't that great if it had to be rebuilt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-17-2017, 11:35 PM   #7
WATurn

Lol. It snowed for one day, last weekend. The previous owner, a 70 something year old man, dumped $2k into a new transmission and head. Apparently the timing belt went and he had the transmission replaced while it was at the shop. He let go of it for so cheap, because he thought it had bad gas in it, and he couldn't get it to run right. The hose at the bottom of the throttlebody was disconnected, and apparently the evap solenoid was stuck open, too, because it was hard as hell to start after fueling up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

the 2 vues i was looking at both sold. guess i dodged that bullet. i thought maybe you went on a ski trip up to colorado perhaps

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
natenatenate
natenatenate is on a distinguished road

I'm in the same fb group as you. It seems like more of a group for people that just got their vue to show pics and people to vaguely state a problem they're having with theirs.
As an owner of an 02 3.0 AWD, I appreciate all the photos you've posted! While others my say why, I say why not? I've seen a lot of cars where I used to ask why, and figured out the answer is because they can. And it's that much more impressive when it's not a typical build.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to natenatenate's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help natenatenate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
natenatenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #10
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

why not? nitrous with a 200k miles trans? what could go wrong? but you have a new trans and we all know they never fail.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #11
natenatenate

And that's exactly what I'm talking about.
It's not your pocket book or your vehicle so why can't you just enjoy what someone else is doing? It's pretty damn slick for being a Vue and he just keeps making it better.
Keep up the good work OP.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help natenatenate reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #12
Cavell

2004 VUE 3.5L
2003 VUE 3.0L

not many 02-03 vues left on the road. i am just being practical. seems all rust belt vues have rocker rust issues that none talks about. maybe because they dont look under the vue. i mentioned getting a newer vue, say an 05-06 V6 and main response was dont. thats funny

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #13
natenatenate

He already has the vue, and has already put the time and effort into it, so getting a different vue wouldn't make sense. If he was asking what vue to buy to mod, then I see your point, the newer one would be a good choice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!