SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
natedagreat
natedagreat is on a distinguished road

Default BTSI - Where to find?

So a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my car would not let me shift into park right away. Back then it took me about 10-20 seconds to free the safety lock. Now (yesterday) it took over 15 minutes to release it. While I opened the center console and WD-40'd the shaft for the solenoid, I am pretty sure that wont solve the issue. Where can I find this solenoid, and what might the average cost be?

Also, does this solenoid prevent the car from shifting from drive to reverse (while not pressing the button)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to natedagreat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help natedagreat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
natedagreat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2017, 11:55 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: BTSI - Where to find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedagreat View Post
So a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my car would not let me shift into park right away. Back then it took me about 10-20 seconds to free the safety lock. Now (yesterday) it took over 15 minutes to release it. While I opened the center console and WD-40'd the shaft for the solenoid, I am pretty sure that wont solve the issue. Where can I find this solenoid, and what might the average cost be?

Also, does this solenoid prevent the car from shifting from drive to reverse (while not pressing the button)?

WD-40 is not an electronics cleaner. Try CRC QD Electronic Connection Cleaner and actually remove the solenoid and clean it properly. Plunger should move freely by hand when clean.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote