SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #1
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Traction control light

I think this was discussed here years ago, but I can't find it. I have a 2009 Astra with traction control. There's a button on the dash to turn traction control off. It works fine. But in the bottom left corner of the button there appears to be a light that should be illuminated when you turn traction control off. Its very much like the light that you have when the doors are locked on the door lock/unlock button to the left of this button. This light does not illuminate. If I remember correctly, people with 2009 Astras had this issue, but it wasn't determined if all 2009 owners had this issue. It really isn't a big deal, I just want to settle once and for all if I should fix this somehow, or just leave it. I've attached pics to show what I mean. Does this light illuminate for anyone who has a 2009?

If you can see on the bottom left there's a spot for a light:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qeA...ew?usp=sharing

When you hold the button, this light turns on the cluster:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VM-...ew?usp=sharing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Anyone with a 2009, with the traction control button, does that light turn on?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #3
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Ok last time, can someone please try to turn off their traction control for a moment and let me know if the the light on the button turns on? The following picture is what I'm talking about:

*edit* nevermind, I can't seem to post imgages here. I'll attach it instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tc.jpg (89.3 KB, 14 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
Cobytm
Junior Member
Cobytm is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Posts: 15

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Know that you’re looking for a person with a 2009, however my 2008 does illuminate when pressed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cobytm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cobytm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cobytm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
Saturn4Ever
Member
Saturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the rough
 
Saturn4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 222

2009 Astra XR
2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: Traction control light

I recall this discussion here previously as well (I may have been the one who asked). The LED does not light up on my 2009, its always bugged me.

...
2009 Saturn Astra XR, 95,000km
2008 Saturn Outlook XR, 260,000km

Past vehicles: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero, 220,000km - SOLD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn4Ever's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn4Ever reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for the responses. I wonder why all 2009s have this light disabled? Maybe someone thought it's confusing? Like someone would think it's enabled ONLY when the light is on? My Grand Caravan, the 2 lights turn on (I think, I'll have to double check that), so not sure why Saturn/GM would think it's confusing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
fdryer
Super Member
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute
 
fdryer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,663
 

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Traction control light

My L300 has the traction control button indicator On (amber) when ignition is ON and with the engine running. In the overall scheme of things, when ignition is turned on, all electronic modules performs their own power up self tests; ecm, bcm, tcm, abs/tc, radio (if left on or turned on later), airbags and OnStar. ABS and traction control (along with stabilitrak in other vehicles) are all in one module. When abs is powered up at ignition on time, it performs its own self tests when the abs light turns on. When it passes its initial self tests, the light turns off and waits for the car to move. The first movement of the car above 5 mph allows the wheel speed sensors to send signals, cycles the abs motor (zinging sound some hear) to complete self tests. ABS and traction control go on standby. Some cars have two traction control indicators, one in the tach or speedo and the other elsewhere.

On my L300, the traction control light is on, next to the red/triangle hazard button. The abs and tc indicator are in the tach or speedo and only turn on/flashes when abs or traction control are invoked by either trying to brake hard on uneven surfaces (abs activation) or trying to accelerate excessively on slick/slippery surfaces when a wheel will spin to invoke traction control. The Traction control light in the pushbutton above the radio can be pressed (only when ignition is on) to turn off traction control - allowing wheel spin in situations where it helps to spin a wheel. The default is always with traction control enabled. I have to manually disable tc if I need to. In 99.99% of NYC driving, I've rarely needed to turn off traction control. Traction control came on automatically on one icy intersection when trying to accelerate since traction is almost nonexistent and slow acceleration is the safer way to move. I can recall only two times when tc was activated, both while stopped on icy surfaces. Throttle was removed from control and the abs/tc system took over to reduce throttle to allow slow acceleration. Once all wheels turned at the same speed, tc was automatically disabled, returning throttle to me. When tc is enabled and active, the tc indicator in the tach or speedo flashes to tell me tc is active. Once all wheels turn at the same speed, tc turns off, extinguishing the flashing indicator. If I press the traction control button over the radio, I'm disabling tc altogether and can enable/disable it anytime ignition is on. After turning off tc and shutting off the engine, tc is automatically enabled for standby mode when ignition is turned on. My understanding is abs and tc are always enabled, on standby when driving without driver intervention. Disabling traction control is the only manual intervention if someone does not want tc while driving.

The confusion in lighting may be from design. Some logic is needed to design indicators and how they're interpreted.

If the Astra has the traction control light indicating OFF when lit, does this mean tc is OFF? What is the normal indication when ignition is first turned on? It might be confusing to have two light indicators for one button. My tc light on the pushbutton is always ON when driving (tc indicator in the tach or speedo is off/not flashing), telling me traction control is on standby when needed. If I want to turn off traction control, I have to depress the TC button to disable tc and turn off the light to tell me tc is off. My indicators follows a line of logic along with almost every car model to make sense.

Perhaps having the yellow tc indicator lit with the word OFF under the symbol is a design fault. In your case (the opposite of L300 tc indicator) having your Astra tc light off means traction control is enabled and on standby?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1983.JPG (190.0 KB, 4 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #8
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikastra View Post
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for the responses. I wonder why all 2009s have this light disabled? Maybe someone thought it's confusing? Like someone would think it's enabled ONLY when the light is on? My Grand Caravan, the 2 lights turn on (I think, I'll have to double check that), so not sure why Saturn/GM would think it's confusing
Just to update, when I turn off traction control on my Caravan, there is no light on the button. Only the standard light appears on the dash. Perhaps its some Canadian regulation, as 2009 Astras were only sold in Canada.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #9
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
My L300 has the traction control button indicator On (amber) when ignition is ON and with the engine running. In the overall scheme of things, when ignition is turned on, all electronic modules performs their own power up self tests; ecm, bcm, tcm, abs/tc, radio (if left on or turned on later), airbags and OnStar. ABS and traction control (along with stabilitrak in other vehicles) are all in one module. When abs is powered up at ignition on time, it performs its own self tests when the abs light turns on. When it passes its initial self tests, the light turns off and waits for the car to move. The first movement of the car above 5 mph allows the wheel speed sensors to send signals, cycles the abs motor (zinging sound some hear) to complete self tests. ABS and traction control go on standby. Some cars have two traction control indicators, one in the tach or speedo and the other elsewhere.

On my L300, the traction control light is on, next to the red/triangle hazard button. The abs and tc indicator are in the tach or speedo and only turn on/flashes when abs or traction control are invoked by either trying to brake hard on uneven surfaces (abs activation) or trying to accelerate excessively on slick/slippery surfaces when a wheel will spin to invoke traction control. The Traction control light in the pushbutton above the radio can be pressed (only when ignition is on) to turn off traction control - allowing wheel spin in situations where it helps to spin a wheel. The default is always with traction control enabled. I have to manually disable tc if I need to. In 99.99% of NYC driving, I've rarely needed to turn off traction control. Traction control came on automatically on one icy intersection when trying to accelerate since traction is almost nonexistent and slow acceleration is the safer way to move. I can recall only two times when tc was activated, both while stopped on icy surfaces. Throttle was removed from control and the abs/tc system took over to reduce throttle to allow slow acceleration. Once all wheels turned at the same speed, tc was automatically disabled, returning throttle to me. When tc is enabled and active, the tc indicator in the tach or speedo flashes to tell me tc is active. Once all wheels turn at the same speed, tc turns off, extinguishing the flashing indicator. If I press the traction control button over the radio, I'm disabling tc altogether and can enable/disable it anytime ignition is on. After turning off tc and shutting off the engine, tc is automatically enabled for standby mode when ignition is turned on. My understanding is abs and tc are always enabled, on standby when driving without driver intervention. Disabling traction control is the only manual intervention if someone does not want tc while driving.

The confusion in lighting may be from design. Some logic is needed to design indicators and how they're interpreted.

If the Astra has the traction control light indicating OFF when lit, does this mean tc is OFF? What is the normal indication when ignition is first turned on? It might be confusing to have two light indicators for one button. My tc light on the pushbutton is always ON when driving (tc indicator in the tach or speedo is off/not flashing), telling me traction control is on standby when needed. If I want to turn off traction control, I have to depress the TC button to disable tc and turn off the light to tell me tc is off. My indicators follows a line of logic along with almost every car model to make sense.

Perhaps having the yellow tc indicator lit with the word OFF under the symbol is a design fault. In your case (the opposite of L300 tc indicator) having your Astra tc light off means traction control is enabled and on standby?
Sorry, that's a long post so I'll try to answer what I can. There is a traction control off button, on the centre console. Much like your L300, its to turn TC off, I assume for times when you are stuck in snow etc. When I press and hold that button, it indeed turns off traction control, and lights an indicator on the dash (the same one that flashes when traction control comes into use, but slippery surfaces etc). However on the button on the centre console, there is a little indicator light. I assume, that when you turn off TC control, this light is supposed to illuminate (much like I think you say happens on your L300). This seems to be the case on 2008 Astras. However, on 2009 Astras, the light does not seem to illuminate when you turn off TC. I can only imagine for some reason, they have decided to disable this "feature". Perhaps it causes some form of confusion? Anyhow for me it doesn't really matter, I rarely have ever turned it off, maybe just for a bit of fun when driving on snowy roads, and trying to get the back end to slide out a bit etc. I just wanted to confirm that the bulb or whatever wasn't just plain dead. It seems that they just used the same button that had an operational light, for an application that didn't require a light. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #10
fdryer
Super Member
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute
 
fdryer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,663
 

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Traction control light

The most unflattering comment made to me in front of a small group of co-workers, "Whenever I need to take a quick nap is when I hear fdryer talk - I can fall asleep in seconds listening to his monotone voice....." Off the cuff remarks are some of the best made in good company.

My L300 tc indicator is ON all the time when ignition is turned on. I have to manually press the TC button to disable traction control.

In your Astra, pressing the tc button turns ON the tc indicator, informing you traction control is disabled. The button pressing seems to be the same for Astra
and L300 to manually disable traction control. Mine turns off the indicator (disable tc). Yours turns on the indicator with the backlighting informing you tc is OFF. Read this paragraph again and think it over. If I'm not mistaken, I think GM decided to reverse common sense and logic with lighting and symbology using the tc indicator in Astras.

Based on the premise that abs and traction control are automatically enabled, on standby when ignition is turned on, engine started and car driven without any intervention by the driver, I would think if I do not want traction control, I would press the lighted button on my car to disable tc with the indicator turning off. Pressing your tc button (light off) in Astras to disable tc but turn on the light to tell you tc is off appears to be a contradiction - the light that's normally off is turned on to let you know tc is off. Wouldn't it be simpler to simultaneously turn off the light while disabling traction control?

The confusion you may have is pressing the TC button, turning on the light while disabling traction control in Astras and you feel a need to have another indicator to tell you what mode traction control is in. Your tc light turning on backlights the symbol for traction control and the letters 'OFF'. Do you really need another indicator to add to confusion?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #11
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
The most unflattering comment made to me in front of a small group of co-workers, "Whenever I need to take a quick nap is when I hear fdryer talk - I can fall asleep in seconds listening to his monotone voice....." Off the cuff remarks are some of the best made in good company.
Haha, I can't ever imagine why that would be so? With all do respect, I always imagined you had a monotone voice, but you are a wealth of knowledge, and am grateful for your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer
My L300 tc indicator is ON all the time when ignition is turned on. I have to manually press the TC button to disable traction control.
It is the same behavior on the Astra, and most other cars I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer
In your Astra, pressing the tc button turns ON the tc indicator, informing you traction control is disabled. The button pressing seems to be the same for Astra
and L300 to manually disable traction control. Mine turns off the indicator (disable tc). Yours turns on the indicator with the backlighting informing you tc is OFF. Read this paragraph again and think it over. If I'm not mistaken, I think GM decided to reverse common sense and logic with lighting and symbology using the tc indicator in Astras.
I assumed it was supposed to turn ON the indicator, but it does nothing. However it does turn on the indicator on the dash (the car with the skid marks lamp). What I believe happenes on the 2008 models is that it would turn on both the "car with the skidmark" indicator on the dash (as it does with the 2009) AND the light on the Traction Control off switch (which does not happen with the 2009). Really my only question was, should the light on the switch turn on, when you turn traction control off. It seems that with a 2008 Astra, the answer is YES, with a 2009 the answer is NO. The light DOES not turn on, even though there is a physical spot for the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer
Based on the premise that abs and traction control are automatically enabled, on standby when ignition is turned on, engine started and car driven without any intervention by the driver, I would think if I do not want traction control, I would press the lighted button on my car to disable tc with the indicator turning off. Pressing your tc button (light off) in Astras to disable tc but turn on the light to tell you tc is off appears to be a contradiction - the light that's normally off is turned on to let you know tc is off. Wouldn't it be simpler to simultaneously turn off the light while disabling traction control?
On the Astra there is no "lighted" TC light. It is off, when TC is on. On a 2009 it is still off when you turn it off. The shell for a light is there, but there is no actual light that turns on or off, that is where the question of whether it should work or not comes from. For a 2008 model, the light turns ON when you turn it OFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer
The confusion you may have is pressing the TC button, turning on the light while disabling traction control in Astras and you feel a need to have another indicator to tell you what mode traction control is in. Your tc light turning on backlights the symbol for traction control and the letters 'OFF'. Do you really need another indicator to add to confusion?
No I don't have confusion on the lights, its the fact that there is physically a light (or where a light should have been) there that doesn't work, if you look at the pictures I posted earlier, you will see that there is a spot for a light. I don't really NEED that light, I really just wanted to know if it was supposed to work or not. My question is really quite trivial. My system works, I just wanted to know if other's with my model had an operation light on the switch . The general consensus is that this light is NOT operational on 2009 Saturn Astras.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:27 PM   #12
nicolas_p
Senior Member
nicolas_p will become famous soon enoughnicolas_p will become famous soon enough
 
nicolas_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St Catharines, Ontario
Posts: 1,183
 

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Traction control light

Sorry I've been away on vacation getting married for the past few weeks :P

On my 2009 the light never turns on, and my 2008 didn't have traction control so I can't say about that one.

...
09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
kikastra
Member
kikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura aboutkikastra has a spectacular aura about
 
kikastra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYZ
Posts: 183

2009 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas_p View Post
Sorry I've been away on vacation getting married for the past few weeks :P

On my 2009 the light never turns on, and my 2008 didn't have traction control so I can't say about that one.
Congrats!

I think the consesus is the light was purposely disabled.

Enjoy married life.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kikastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kikastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kikastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
maschinenbauer
Member
maschinenbauer is on a distinguished road
 
maschinenbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 83

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Traction control light

This morning I confirmed on my 2008 XE 5-speed with 93,000 miles that the little yellow light on the bottom corner of the traction control button does illuminate along with the dashboard light.

...
'08 Astra XE 5-speed
'72 Chevrolet El Camino
'31 Ford Model A pickup

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maschinenbauer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maschinenbauer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maschinenbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #15
Astra08
Member
Astra08 is on a distinguished road
 
Astra08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 112

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Traction control light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
The most unflattering comment made to me in front of a small group of co-workers, "Whenever I need to take a quick nap is when I hear fdryer talk - I can fall asleep in seconds listening to his monotone voice....." Off the cuff remarks are some of the best made in good company.

My L300 tc indicator is ON all the time when ignition is turned on. I have to manually press the TC button to disable traction control.

In your Astra, pressing the tc button turns ON the tc indicator, informing you traction control is disabled. The button pressing seems to be the same for Astra
and L300 to manually disable traction control. Mine turns off the indicator (disable tc). Yours turns on the indicator with the backlighting informing you tc is OFF. Read this paragraph again and think it over. If I'm not mistaken, I think GM decided to reverse common sense and logic with lighting and symbology using the tc indicator in Astras.

Based on the premise that abs and traction control are automatically enabled, on standby when ignition is turned on, engine started and car driven without any intervention by the driver, I would think if I do not want traction control, I would press the lighted button on my car to disable tc with the indicator turning off. Pressing your tc button (light off) in Astras to disable tc but turn on the light to tell you tc is off appears to be a contradiction - the light that's normally off is turned on to let you know tc is off. Wouldn't it be simpler to simultaneously turn off the light while disabling traction control?

The confusion you may have is pressing the TC button, turning on the light while disabling traction control in Astras and you feel a need to have another indicator to tell you what mode traction control is in. Your tc light turning on backlights the symbol for traction control and the letters 'OFF'. Do you really need another indicator to add to confusion?
The 3 other vehicles I own with traction control also have this functionality - if TC is ON, the light is illuminated, not the other way around.

It does indeed seem like a design flaw.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ABS/traction control light problems ryanrdr S-Series Tech 1 01-10-2016 05:42 PM
Traction Control Light? RicksVue Vue Tech 3 09-03-2010 09:32 PM
Traction control light. Hoagie Astra Tech 22 08-23-2010 12:56 PM
abs light on no traction control nascardemon L-Series Tech 5 11-03-2006 04:02 PM
ABS light comes on, traction control off! Zorak S-Series Tech 2 12-21-2004 02:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.